Looking for an easy peach pie recipe please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Peach pie

• 2 Tender Pie Crust Dough disks (I make my own dough, but you can purchase Pillsbury Pie Crust in the cooler section of your supermarket for about $3.50. They should be near the canned biscuits.)
  • 1 egg white, beaten to blend (reserve the yolk for the top crust glaze.)

Filling
  • 1 cup sugar, divided
  • 1/2 teaspoon (scant) ground cinnamon
  • Pinch of salt
  • 3 1/2 pounds firm but ripe peaches, peeled, halved, pitted, each half cut into 3 wedges
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
  • 2 tablespoons cream
  • 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
  • 1 egg yolk, beaten to blend with 2 teaspoons water (glaze)
  • 1 tablespoon sugar mixed with 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (cinnamon sugar)

Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375°F. Place foil-lined baking sheet or a cookie sheet on bottom of oven to catch any spills, or use a pie bird if you have one. Roll out 1 pie crust disk on lightly floured surface to 13 1/2-inch round. Transfer to 10 inch diameter glass pie dish. Trim to the rim. Line crust with foil and fill with dried beans, or use ceramic pie beads. Bake crust until sides are set and pale golden, about 20-25 minutes. Transfer to rack on kitchen counter; remove foil and beans. (Reserve the foil.) Brush warm crust with egg white. Cool completely.
Meanwhile, line another baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Roll out second pie crust disk on floured surface to 13 1/2-inch round. Cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips. Place strips on prepared baking sheet.

For filling:
Combine 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Add peaches and lemon juice and toss gently to coat. Let stand 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, stir remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water in medium saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat; boil without stirring until syrup is deep amber, occasionally swirling pan and brushing down sides with wet pastry brush, about 11 minutes. Remove from heat. Add butter and cream (mixture will bubble vigorously); stir caramel until smooth. Strain juices from peaches into caramel; cool to lukewarm. Preheat oven to 375°F. Add caramel and flour to peaches in bowl. Toss gently.

Transfer filling to crust, mounding in center.
Arrange 6 dough strips in 1 direction across top of pie, spacing apart. Working with 1 strip at a time, arrange 6 more strips in opposite direction atop first, lifting strips and weaving over and under, forming lattice. Gently press ends of strips to edge of baked bottom crust edge to adhere. Trim overhang. Brush lattice strips (but not crust edge) with egg yolk glaze. Sprinkle strips with cinnamon sugar.
Bake pie 35 minutes.

Tent pie loosely with the aluminum foil you reserved earlier to prevent over-browning. Reduce heat to 325. Continue to bake pie until the filling bubbles thickly and lattice is golden brown, about 25 minutes longer. Cool pie on rack on counter.

Last edited:
Peaches, a little milk,dot well with butter, add sugar to taste. Sprinkle with cornstarch(to thicken the mix) place in double crust pie, cut slits in the top brush with milk and sugar and bake.

it doesn't get much simpler or much better...

When I ask my question, you'll understand why I don't do a lot of baking.

Why couldn't you make a peach pie as you would make an apple pie except with peaches?

Pretty much you can. I usually just peel & slice my fruit, toss with sugar and some spices, use a prepackaged pie crust in my own pan, add the fruit, sprinke on some corn statch, dot with butter, toss on the top crust, cut a vent slit, brush with milk, top with some sugar and bake.

I think the concern here was that some of the peaches were previously frozen in a syrup-type liquid and how would that effect the final pie is used.

Ok so I had 2 of the peaches from the bag before freezing again, just to see what they tasted like and I think I'm gonna just keep them frozen for peach slushies (when we get a blender) or peach sundaes (somehow lol), they were really good, sweet and tart, YUM. I'm gonna just buy a few more baskets from the grocery store and try every recipe from this thread that you guys were soo nice to give me, plus these 2 I found:

Peach Pie the Old Fashioned Two Crust Way Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Kitchen Parade: First-Prize Peach Pie with Lattice Crust (this one calls for peaches with skin, but I will go with skinless peaches)

And I will take pix of each recipe! Thanks everyone! A++ :)

Back
Top Bottom