Help making pumpkin rolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bryankimjade

Assistant Cook
Over the years I have experimented with making a good recipe for pumpkin rolls. I have finally come up with the one that my family truly loves. I even make these for my friends as gifts. My only problem is that I do not know what to do about the roll (or cake ) part of it cracking and splitting when I roll it. I would appreciate any tips or helpful hints that prevent this from happening. Maybe this will be the year of the perfect pumpkin roll. Ha ha:ROFLMAO:

do you roll it while still warm (without the filling), let it cool, the carefully unroll (it may not stay flat, but that's O.K.) then fill, then re-roll? That's how my mom did jelly rolls. She rolled it with a dish towel so it wouldn't stick to itself.

I use a dish towel that is dusted with powdered sugar, I flit the roll onto the the towel straight from the oven, then I roll it up, set it aside and let it cool, then I fill it. But every time that I do this it seems to roll up nicely, but once I unroll it to fill it, it cracks and splits.:dry:

Wow, I started this recipe so long ago that I do not remember the exact measurements that the original called for, I know that I added some things and left others out, but I don't think that I really increased or decreased the size of the roll. Also the filling seems to fit right, and all of the other ingrediants.

Wow, I started this recipe so long ago that I do not remember the exact measurements that the original called for, I know that I added some things and left others out, but I don't think that I really increased or decreased the size of the roll. Also the filling seems to fit right, and all of the other ingrediants.

Has the cracking/splitting always been a problem or did it start after you made some changes, adding and subtracting ingredients?

Back
Top Bottom