11-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Join Date: Jul 2007
TNT Quick Coffee/Cream Dessert
On Saturday I had a dinner party and I STILL didn't know what I was having for dessert on Saturday, i couldn't make up my mind LOL so I remembered this really quick dessert my mum makes. She calls it a Brick cake lol but its not really a cake so to speak
i didn't really use any measurements, it's kindof, if the coffee tastes good, stop adding sugar kinda thing LOL anyways, these aren't proper cookbook instructions, these are Rom's instructions ;)
- 1 packet Unibic Savoiardi biscuits (the one with 2 layers not the single one, you have a few biscuits left over)
- 1* 600ml fresh Cream -whipped
- 2 Shots Kahlua (or to your own liking or something else similar ;)
- 8 cups shortblack (espresso coffee) I have a 4 cup espresso (stove top) maker, I made 2 of these
-8 tsp sugar approx (this depends how u like your coffee, its a dessert so you don't want bitter coffee)
-shaved chocolate, or crushed nuts, or whatever u want to top the dessert with. This is "Optional"
- Long rectangle plate to serve on
- Exercise regime to get rid of cream later
- Start making the coffee while whipping the cream
- Mix coffee, kahlua and sugar in a bowl, let the liquid cool a bit
- Dip the savoiardi biscuits one at a time in the liquid, dip one side and then turn it over and dip the other side. Don't let them get too soggy! (if u do it just right the biscuits don't seem dry)
-Line them up on the bottom of the serving dish, like so -> ||||||
-Cover with a layer of cream - thickness depends on ur exercise regime
-Cover with another layer of biscuits dipped in the liquid, like so -> ||||||
-cover with a layer of cream- thickness depends on ur exercise regime
-Basically you can go as high and long as u want depending on the cream and biscuits u have left, this is where the "Brick Cake" is called Brick Cake, biscuits are the bricks and the cream is the cement lol
-Make sure all the sides and ends of the dessert are also covered in cream
-When you're done, grate chocolate on the top or put whatever you like on top.
-I had liquid mixture left over, so not sure exact measurements if u wanted to make less coffee.
-This tastes better the next day, coffee and kahlua flavour the biscuits and cream a bit more
-i think i can make it faster than I can type it out....