Anyone have a GREAT chocolate chip cookie recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
Some one at work wants me to bake them a big cookie ( instead of getting a gift for her). I asked what kind of cooke she wants, and she said chocolate chip.

Sure, i can make a pizza sized cookie, but i want something that can take a chocolate chip cookie to the next level.

A few weeks ago, I had a similar request. What i did was make 2 large chocolate chip cookies ( in a 9" pie tin) and a brownie ( in a 9" pie tin) and I basically made a 3 layer ( cookie- brownie-cookie) cake topped with chocolate frosting and m&m's .

So, I m curious if anyone has any ideas how i may take it to the next level. Think unconventional.

Thanks ,

larry

I usually follow the one on the back of the bag, but add walnuts, wheat germ, some whole wheat flour replacing some of the white flour), and just a bit of nutmeg. I usually use shortening, sometimes half butter/half shortening.

You basically already did this recipe I just saw, but haven't tried yet. You make a brownie mix. Then, as you form each cookie, you stuff a bite of brownie inside the cookie dough, then bake. I suppose you could to the same with a huge cookie. You could use mint choc-chips. I personally wouldn't like that as much and you'd have to know if the person you're making it for likes mint. I wonder if you could M&Ms inside the brownie mix before baking? I wouldn't try to do too much. I am a ccc purist. I don't like other things to mess with my cookie. Just dough and chips, lots of chips. I always add 3 cups when it calls for 2.

Larry: This may come a little late in the day; but I'm sort of conservative, I guess, and think you can't get a better cookie than one from the recipe on the Nestle's Toll House bag!!

That being said, if you want to jazz them up a little, I would suggest the following. Talk with your friend, find out what she might like and let her help you design a cookie just for her. You might come up with some very exotic concoction that you are crazy about; but she might not like it and think "YOU" are crazy.

You would lose the element of surprise; but I think she would appreciate your asking her to help in the design of the recipe.

And since it is now well past Christmas, I assume you have already made up something? How about letting us know what you decided to do? And you could always make up another batch for New Years. No law saying you can't offer gifts on that day as well!!;)

Back
Top Bottom