Help with cookie press...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I have two cookie presses. Try every year to use them. Every year I put the blasted thing away and start learning the talent of bad language:neutral:. Have followed a wonderful assortment of recipes to no avail. They slip and slide, they don't form anything that resembles anything other than a blob. What is the big deal about using these things that DON'T WORK........do you push, do you screw, do you use pressure or no pressure, do you have cold or warm dough and what dough is a dead ringer in creating the perfect pressed cookie, is there one?
what am I doing wrong?
please do help if you have the ultimate answer, or, perhaps I should ask Tyler Florence (Ultimate, get it?):mellow:

I can't help you with the cookie press, SO has her's in cold storage because she gave up on it. The dough always sticks to the press and won't drop onto the cookie sheet.

I can help you with the bad language, though!

I have two cookie presses. Try every year to use them. Every year I put the blasted thing away and start learning the talent of bad language:neutral:. Have followed a wonderful assortment of recipes to no avail. They slip and slide, they don't form anything that resembles anything other than a blob. What is the big deal about using these things that DON'T WORK........do you push, do you screw, do you use pressure or no pressure, do you have cold or warm dough and what dough is a dead ringer in creating the perfect pressed cookie, is there one?
what am I doing wrong?
please do help if you have the ultimate answer, or, perhaps I should ask Tyler Florence (Ultimate, get it?):mellow:
:)I have had the same trouble as you until I threw the gosh darn,dingy,dang ,stupid pain in the *** never gonna try it again,EVER thing away.Im going to use tips and pastry bag this time.Its not rocket science but I just cant get it right.Considering I know how to make some real complicated pastries I would think this would be a breeze.

First of all, you need a good Spritz cookie recipe. There are about as many spritz cookie recipes as there are stars in the sky.

Every cookie press is different. I had an electric one that I adored to death, literally. It lasted 25 Christmases. I replaced that one with a manual model and proceeded to throw it out the back window onto the driveway, hoping my son would run it over with his car.

The problem with the manual model is that you really do need a firm (but not too stiff) dough; and I am not interested in building the muscles in my forearms by cranking that baby by hand. I proceeded to search high and low for another electric model. I'm back in business.

The electric model wasn't all that expensive...less than forty bucks, if I remember correctly. Find an electric one, trust me.

Back
Top Bottom