"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies

Old 10-14-2005, 03:39 PM   #1
Master Chef

ISO Orange Cream Cheese Cookies

DH called me from work to tell me he had the best cookie at lunch (and no, it wasn't from me so this must be a "subtle" hint!). He said it was a soft, cake-like cookie topped with what he thought was an orange cream cheese icing. (He said it has a nice zip to it so I'm wondering if there's sour cream in the cookie or icing?) Does anyone have a tnt recipe for something like this? Thanks!

Old 10-14-2005, 05:40 PM   #2
Senior Cook

Sour cream(8 ounce), instant dry vanilla(French Vanilla preffered) pudding mix(3.5-4 ounce box), and unsweetened orange koolaid(1 packet).

The cookie is a cake mix cookie, usually yellow, but best if it is French Vanilla. they also had vanilla sugar cookies, these were also very good with this "frosting".

We had these last week and they are very good!

Old 10-15-2005, 07:33 AM   #3
Master Chef

Thanks, Brian! I would have never considered orange koolaid! I'll have to give these a try!
Old 10-15-2005, 12:59 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I think I made something like this once... only used lemon juice, lemon extract and lemon peel for the flavoring instead of orange. I wish I could find the recipe. They were really good.

I'm supposed to make some cookies for my son to take to Safeway next Saturday...
They are having a bake sale for breast cancer. These would be nice and tastey.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:55 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Baker
Thanks, Brian! I would have never considered orange koolaid! I'll have to give these a try!
Many, many years ago was there not a similar recipe floating around that usd Tang? I remember as kids we used to flavour and colour cakes with a pinch of Jell-o powder - made for some neat inventions

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None