"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies
Old 04-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
Senior Cook
Post Three C's Cookies

Ok folks, go easy on me this is the first recipe I have posted here. This is a recipe my Mom gave me last Christmas, she has made it several times. I have actually only made it once, but I love these cookies.

Three Cs Cookies
(Cardamom, Coconut and Cashews)

Makes: About 5 dozen.

About 1 cup (1/2 lb.) unsalted butter or margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cardamom
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups sweetened flaked dried coconut
1 cup salted roasted cashews, very coarsely chopped

1. In a bowl with a mixer, beat 1 cup butter, cup granulated sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well blended.

2. In another bowl, mix flour, 1 teaspoon cardamom, and baking soda.

3. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture; stir to mix, then beat until blended.

4. Stir in coconut and cashews. Cover and chill dough until firm enough to shape, at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.

5. In a small dish, mix cup of granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cardamom.

6. Shape dough into 1 inch balls, rolling each in cardamom sugar to coat. Set balls at least 3 inches apart on buttered baking sheets.

7. Bake in a 350˚ oven until golden brown, 9 to 12 minutes (7 to 10 minutes in a convection oven).

8. Cool on pans about 1 minute, then with a wide spatula, transfer to racks. Serve or store airtight up to 3 days, freeze to store longer.

Hope you like it,

"All of my comments are random thoughts, meant to help, praise or suggest a path of travel. All should be pondered, and disregarded as you see fit." -me
josh_swinehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
Master Chef
Josh, thanks for sharing your recipe. I am always looking for non-chocolate cookies.

Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Will
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:29 PM   #3
Head Chef
Copied and saved, Josh.

This looks like a very interesting and different recipe - not just because of the 3 C's, but also the butter/sugar to flour ratio looks high to me.

I am very curious to try these cookies - thanks for posting!

QSis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #4
Executive Chef
thanks Josh, I'm 'not' ever looking for non chocolate cookies, I love chocolate. but I really love coconut and really love cashews and have various bags of cardamom from India that I've gathered for the last year...soooo, when I get home, I'll be in that crazy kitchen store of mine, and I'll start inventing your delicacies, thanks for sharing...........I'll post after they're made...
...Trials travel best when you're taking the transportation known as prayer...SLRC
LEFSElover is offline   Reply With Quote