Caramel Corn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theresaoz

Assistant Cook
Can anyone help me? I have been trying to make caramel corn and all goes well until after I start baking it for the 1 hr at 250'. It starts to sugar. I make sure I am using cane sugar, as I read somewhere that it has to be cane sugar or the results sugar. The other ingredients are butter, syrup, vanila, soda, all the normal stuff.
I have tossed out several batches now and am bummed. This recipe use to work all the time............I have not made it for a few years, but when I was using it it worked great???????????????

Thank you for any help and advice you can give me.

Theresa

caramel corn

Thank you for the info. I doe have thermometers in each oven and they were recalibrated not too long ago???
I will compare your recipe and see if I can figure out the issue.
Thank you
Theresa

Theresa, what is happening to your corn for you to throw it away?

jp, that recipe for CRACKERJACKS looks great! Have you tried it with maple syrup?

Lee

Theresa, what is happening to your corn for you to throw it away?

jp, that recipe for CRACKERJACKS looks great! Have you tried it with maple syrup?

Lee

:) Yep, maple syrup that I get from a friend who lives on Drummond Island in the U.P Michigan from his trees it's so good. I add more peanuts ( because you know Cracker Jacks or Fiddle Faddle never had enough nuts:LOL:) but next time I may use pecans and or cashews to gourmet it up a bit. Try the recipe it's a winner and it makes a lot. Packaged in a nice container it would make a great Xmas gift for the office etc.

Back
Top Bottom