Death By Chocolate! Name your Poison :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a Godiva fan! Also, there are very few things I wouldn't do for a big honkin' chocolate covered strawberry or 2, or 20. To address the gooey chocolate craving I like to go for a peice of chocolate lava cake or a chewy homemade brownie right out of the oven. My cheap "I-need-a-fix-now" go-to is 3 Musketeers :)

Snip 13 said:
I love Lindt chocolate too and just recently discovered that they started making Cadbury Caramello bears again after years of not being able to find them!!!!:)
Must admit I love mint chocolate too, especially After Eight Dinner Mints and Nestle Peppermint crisp!

Oh, Snip! I feel for you. :( Caramello Koalas (bears) are in abundance in Australia. They make the larger ones and they are so good!

When I am in the mood, nothing will do but a dark chocolate devil's food cake with a dark chocolate fudge frosting. The trouble is I could eat the whole thing but I'm always too guilt ridden to eat more than two pieces so the darned thing sits there taunting me until it actually does get eaten.

perugina and laimas chocolates. i also like a good (usully european) liqueur filled chocolate. i once had some wine filled chocolate that i will remember forever so incredibly good they tasted--came from washington state. props to ferrero rocher for placing a hazelnut inside every piece of their chocolate....

Last edited:
When single the strongest weapon in my armory of amore was the Italian Baci (the kiss)chocolate.
Each chocolate was wrapped and inside was a message of love in 6 languages.
The blue box when presented to my next victim with a single red rose never failed and as I was then an ecumenical cad the 6 languages were a huge bonus.
Thats Amore:)

When single the strongest weapon in my armory of amore was the Italian Baci (the kiss)chocolate.
Each chocolate was wrapped and inside was a message of love in 6 languages.
The blue box when presented to my next victim with a single red rose never failed and as I was then an ecumenical cad the 6 languages were a huge bonus.
Thats Amore:)

Being totally serious, no sarcasm intended, I love that people on this forum use words that I have to look up. I love words, just in general, and it's a nice change of pace to be reaching for the dictionary instead of handing it to someone. :)

As for your chocolates and roses, sounds like you were the kind of guy dad warned me about during a rather awkward conversation about how guys think "things". "Honestly Jessie, you just don't know. Guys think, things." Because, of course, there were no jocks that went to my high school and talked about their conquests (real, embellished, or completely fairy tale). Sarcasm fully intended here. :D Being shy, quiet and socially invisible meant no one bothered to censor their conversations around me. Oh the secrets I learned about my fellow classmates. Probably a good thing I was too shy to try to use it against them. I'd have probably gotten beat up a lot more.

Hmm, I'm thinking about chocolate again. Maybe I should get the hubby a chocolate kiss and a rose... ;)

Being totally serious, no sarcasm intended, I love that people on this forum use words that I have to look up. I love words, just in general, and it's a nice change of pace to be reaching for the dictionary instead of handing it to someone. :)

As for your chocolates and roses, sounds like you were the kind of guy dad warned me about during a rather awkward conversation about how guys think "things". "Honestly Jessie, you just don't know. Guys think, things." Because, of course, there were no jocks that went to my high school and talked about their conquests (real, embellished, or completely fairy tale). Sarcasm fully intended here. :D Being shy, quiet and socially invisible meant no one bothered to censor their conversations around me. Oh the secrets I learned about my fellow classmates. Probably a good thing I was too shy to try to use it against them. I'd have probably gotten beat up a lot more.

Hmm, I'm thinking about chocolate again. Maybe I should get the hubby a chocolate kiss and a rose... ;)

It's a Dad's job to warn his little angels about guys who think things, no matter what their age.:D

Bolas, she's married now, so just stay on your side of the pond.:ohmy::ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

do convents really take reservations?

i know a few dads of daughters who are really counting on it.

Well, dad's always wanted grandchildren so I think his plan was just to lock us away until he found us a suitable guy. :) It didn't work of course. You know, my sister is married, has one kid and another due soon and I've been with the hubby eleven and a half years. Even so, I think he still looks at us sometimes and sees "daddy's little girls". I don't think I'd ever want that to change.

What was this thread about again? Oh yeah, chocolate. Anyone ever tried cocoa covered almonds? It looks like they are just coated in sweetened cocoa powder. I keep seeing them in the store and thinking about trying them but I'm not sure I'd like the dusty feel of the cocoa.

i'm munching on these new? peanut butter m&ms--nice. thicker candy coating makes for extra crunch, and finally--a surprising salty counterpoint that has me going back for more handfuls....now, if we could have these in dark chocolate next ....?

Back
Top Bottom