"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Beef

Old 03-25-2015, 04:17 AM   #21
Head Chef

However can we return to Desmonds original question ,although the title has been altered to show a discussion on curry but his original enquiry was a suggestion of another forum .

Yes there is an Ethnic section but it is cluttered with foods from all over the world and the use of the word Ethnic is not quite right . Could it not be at least broken down into different parts of the world which may find searching easier , as I mentioned in a previous post here .

Curry itself is a good example of having a separate forum as it doesn't belong to one section as many countries have curries and its a popular subject here .

Old 03-25-2015, 08:33 AM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Desmond, in the U.S. our churches often have fairs and suppers for the members and public. The members of the church will offer their favorite recipes and then they will put a book together. There isn't a person in this forum who won't agree that you can find some of the best recipes in the world in those cookbooks. The cookbooks are sold at the fairs to help raise money for the church or some special charity that the church contributes to. And it isn't just churches that do this with cookbooks. Schools, hospitals, etc. Any organization that wants to raise money for their cause.

This is one possibility of getting those recipes out where they will be appreciated. Or you might try to do a Vanity Publishing. That is where you have it printed and sell it yourself. Just make sure none of the recipes that you didn't create yourself, is changed in some manner. Or give credit to the original creator.

Maybe some of the other members have some ideas to share with you.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:16 AM   #23
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
What does goat taste like? I live in York and have checked out Morrisons, Tesco, Asda and Waitrose. None do Goat. Only milk and cheese.
Goat tastes, not surprisingly, a lot like goat cheese. Very distinctive.

It can be very good.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:56 AM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I would love to see a separate section for curries. I think I would like it even better if it had subcategories. It certainly would make searches easier and easier to just explore.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:38 AM   #25
Head Chef

Quote:
Should we have a curry forum? I have created full menu banquets for up to 60 people and have recently discovered that an Indian woman commented on how nice my curries are. I DO NOT use jars of sauces. I was hoping I could have them published in some free cook book but I can't find anywhere to find these. So I may as well just send them out hoping my name remains on them.

A curry forum would be great as there are so many recipes out their. I have a folder on my computer with over 200 recipes. These are not all mine but downloaded and ready to be modified to my liking.

My recipes are in pdf format or Microsoft docx. How would I put them up in a way they could be easily read and downloaded.
I am planning to write an ebook myself (free or very low cost). If you want to create an ebook check out these links:

https://www.smashwords.com/about/how..._on_smashwords

https://kdp.amazon.com/
Old 03-31-2015, 07:24 PM   #26
Executive Chef

Quote:
What does goat taste like? I live in York and have checked out Morrisons, Tesco, Asda and Waitrose. None do Goat. Only milk and cheese.
If no-one else has suggested it you would probably find goat in a Halal butcher 's shop or supermarket. It's also available in shops catering to West Indians

These might be worth investigating:-

Marsh Top Farm Shop
01422 244859 259 Shay La , Halifax , HX29AG

Freshways Muslim supermarket, 27-29 Hull Road, York (near the University
Old 03-31-2015, 08:15 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

or a Greek grocery. I can get goat or whole lamb near Easter at my local Greek supermarket.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:35 PM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
If no-one else has suggested it you would probably find goat in a Halal butcher 's shop or supermarket. It's also available in shops catering to West Indians

These might be worth investigating:-

Marsh Top Farm Shop
01422 244859 259 Shay La , Halifax , HX29AG

Freshways Muslim supermarket, 27-29 Hull Road, York (near the University
Okay. Those numbers look intimidating. The first ones look like they may be a phone number? The last three look like it may be the address and the ones with HX is the area code? Am I right?
Old 03-31-2015, 08:47 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

I think the long one is a phone number. The one with digits and letters is a postal code, like a zip code.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:19 PM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I think the long one is a phone number. The one with digits and letters is a postal code, like a zip code.
You are right about it being a postal code. I remember always having to send bundles of documents while at Stone and Webster to Toronto, and that was the postal code. I hated typing them. (before computers) Shifting up and down drove me crazy. Now I can just put the shift lock on and go to the numeric pad for the rest. Now looking at it like you said, I can see the phone number and the address being separate. Gee, you are just so smart.

Tags
curry