"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Beef

Old 03-18-2012, 12:41 AM   #11
Wine Guy

Very nice job of documenting the entire procedure!!

Old 03-18-2012, 12:50 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I have been looking for this ever since I saw it referred to on Everybody Loves Raymond! Thanks, MsM!

Old 03-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #13
Head Chef

I love how you showed step by step how to make this! And the final product looks really good!
Old 03-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #14
Executive Chef

Thumbs up!
Old 03-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #15
Master Chef

Thank you all and I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplantop View Post
I love how you showed step by step how to make this! And the final product looks really good!

+2 Cookbook authors could take a lesson from your demonstration. Excellent job.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

I have just found this and it looks fabulous MM

Thank you for all the step by step instructions too
Old 09-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #18
Master Chef

Thank you Addie and Kylie.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:57 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

In the Italian families I grew up knowing, the men always got a whole one of their own. The rest of the family each got a half of one. Looking at yours, I would opt for a whole one just for me.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
Very nice job of documenting the entire procedure!!
+1

Tags
beef, braciole, recipe

Ms. Mofet's Beef Braciole [B][U]Ms. Mofet's Beef Braciole[/U][/B] For 4 Braciole [LIST] [*]4 Thin sliced beef top round steak for Braciole (2 packages with 2 steaks in each) [/LIST] [B][U]Filling Ingredients:[/U][/B] [I]These measurements can be adjusted to your taste.[/I] [LIST] [*]6 cloves Fresh garlic or to taste - minced fine or grated [*]1/4 cup Onion - minced fine [*]1/4 cup Fresh basil - chopped fine [*]1/4 tsp Fresh oregano - chopped fine [*]1/4 cup Fresh parsley - chopped fine [*]1/4 cup Fresh grated Romano cheese [*]1/4 cup Fresh grated Parmesan cheese [*]1.5 cup Bread crumbs [*]Ground hot red pepper flakes - to taste [*]Ground Sea Salt - to taste [*]Ground peppercorns - to taste [/LIST] [LIST] [*]Choice of oil (Extra Virgin Olive oil, Canola oil, Grapeseed oil or combo) [/LIST] [B][U]Tying and Frying:[/U][/B] [LIST] [*]Butchers twine [*]Choice of Oil for frying [/LIST] [B][U]Directions:[/U][/B] [LIST=1] [*][COLOR=black]In bowl mix all above filling ingredients [B]EXCEPT[/B] oil; mix well. [/COLOR] [*][COLOR=black]Add just enough oil to hold filling together. [/COLOR] [*]Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. [*]Place steak slice on board and cover with wax paper. [*]Pound with flat side of mallet thinned down to about 1/8 inch, making sure not to tear. [*]Divide filling into 4 equal amounts. Spread one 1/4 of the filling on 3/4 of the steak closest to you. (Repeat with other 3 steaks) [*]Roll steak jelly roll style to the end. [*]Secure the roll with butchers twine about 1 inch apart till you reach the end. [*]In heavy frying pan heat thin coating of oil. [*]Brown rolls on all sides. [*]Remove and drain. [*]Simmer in [COLOR=black]Tomato Sauce[/COLOR] (preferably homemade) for about 1 1/2 hours or until tender. [/LIST] [B]Enjoy!![/B] [B][U]Braciole Pictures/Tutorial[/U][/B] [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Beef top round for Braciole[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT] [IMG]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/msmofet/Braciole_Tutorial/braciole_1.jpg[/IMG] [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Pound thin with flat side of mallet or bottom heavy frying pan [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT] [IMG]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/msmofet/Braciole_Tutorial/braciole_3.jpg[/IMG] [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Spread with 1/4 of the filling[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT] [IMG]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/msmofet/Braciole_Tutorial/braciole_5.jpg[/IMG] [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Roll jelly roll style[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT] [IMG]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/msmofet/Braciole_Tutorial/braciole_6.jpg[/IMG] [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Tie roll with an anchor 1/2 loop [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT] [IMG]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/msmofet/Braciole_Tutorial/braciole_8.jpg[/IMG] [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Secure with twine every inch (I did butcher’s knots) to end of the roll[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT] [IMG]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/msmofet/Braciole_Tutorial/braciole_9.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/msmofet/Braciole_Tutorial/braciole_10.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp48/msmofet/Braciole_Tutorial/braciole_11.jpg[/IMG] Continued 3 stars 1 reviews