Recipes for ground beef? (urgent!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skittle68

Sous Chef
I need to use up the hamburger in the fridge, but I need to make something I can put in the fridge and eat later. I want to make something different- not lasagna, burgers, meatballs, chili, or stroganoff. Any tried and true recipes you would be willing to share? Thanks in advance!

Oh, I happened to be out and about so I am in the grocery store parking lot lol- if you could put a rush on it it would be much appreciated! Something that I could leave in the crackpot would work too

Last edited:
My first thought is to make taco meat with it. You can use any taco seasoning or salsa to add to the ground beef, it can be kept in the crock pot or the fridge and reheated easily. I usually just use a packet of seasoning since it gives us the flavor we want and I add a can of whole kernel corn and a can of pinto beans to the mix. Sometimes I'll add a can of diced tomatoes when making for company but my guys prefer it without the tomatoes. The meat can be used in corn or flour tortillas, on lettuce for a salad, or over chips for nachos. Very versatile.

Crackpot? LOL

How about a soup, a homemade hamburger helper, goulash, I make a meatloaf mix (mine has red and green bell peppers, onion, hot ketchup, hot mustard, cheddar cheese, egg and bread crumbs) and then mold it over a par cooked whole head of cauliflower then bake.

Meatloaf surprise (Not your ordinary meatloaf)

img_963135_0_5ddbe435594e53976273e63f4ee3207a.jpg

The surprise revealed - cauliflower center.

img_963135_1_73bed957aeac26abf76d1db3e2a2e38d.jpg

Dinner is served with mashed taters (salt, black pepper, butter and sour cream added) and gravy.

img_963135_2_a5cb852852a2eec08eb4dc9703524ab9.jpg

Salisbury steak. Add green pepper, onions, s&p, a little nutmeg, mushrooms. Make large patties and saute gently. Add a can of mushroom soup and simmer till tender.

Ha ha crackpot. Silly iPhone auto correct. Anyway, any thoughts on maybe stuffing uncooked manicotti noodles and putting them in the crock pot with sauce and a little extra liquid?

I would think that would work but be sure there is enough liquid in the pot and start it out on high.

I think I'm going to do that... The bf should like it because it'll be done right around the time he gets home from work, and he loooooovvvvveeeeessss spinach. I will have to do the salisbury steak some other time. It is something different that I don't make all the time, and it does sound good. Thanks everyone!

Guess I'm too late with this Skittle, but you might want it for another time. It was really good......on the dinner thread from last Tues.

I threw this together for a one pan meal, and it turned out to be a keeper.
Made some meatballs and browned them. Put them aside, and sauted some sliced Crimini mushrooms. Added one cup or Orzo pasta, an envelope of Lipton onion soup mix, a 14oz can of fire roasted tomatoes and 2 cups of water. I added the partly cooked meatballs back to the pan and simmered covered for 15 minutes, removed the cover to simmer another 5 minutes.
Dang fine meal with a green salad.
wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2.
img_963151_1_8772ebb9834b864885bd94d21573c08b.jpg

For next time: This is so easy it's almost embarrassing!! Sprinkle a pound of ground beef (or turkey!!) with taco seasoning. Brown in a skillet, drain if necessary. Meanwhile, cook one cup of rice in seasoned water or broth (I add taco seasoning to this, too). Add rice to skillet and also add one can of drained, rinsed pinto (or kidney, etc.) beans. Always a good quickie at our house! I like to serve it with canned peaches or fruit salad on the side.

AnnieDrews said:
For next time: This is so easy it's almost embarrassing!! Sprinkle a pound of ground beef (or turkey!!) with taco seasoning. Brown in a skillet, drain if necessary. Meanwhile, cook one cup of rice in seasoned water or broth (I add taco seasoning to this, too). Add rice to skillet and also add one can of drained, rinsed pinto (or kidney, etc.) beans. Always a good quickie at our house! I like to serve it with canned peaches or fruit salad on the side.

Hmm, so is it kind of like Spanish rice with beans in it? It sounds interesting, but I wasn't necessarily looking for something quick and easy- I had all day to putz around in the kitchen while my bf was at work, and just needed something that could either sit in the fridge or crockpot for a couple hours and still be good. I leave for work at 3:30 and he gets home at 5:30.

Hmm, so is it kind of like Spanish rice with beans in it? It sounds interesting, but I wasn't necessarily looking for something quick and easy- I had all day to putz around in the kitchen while my bf was at work, and just needed something that could either sit in the fridge or crockpot for a couple hours and still be good. I leave for work at 3:30 and he gets home at 5:30.

Yep, guess I misunderstood what you were looking for. Did you go with the salisbury steaks?

AnnieDrews said:
Yep, guess I misunderstood what you were looking for. Did you go with the salisbury steaks?

Nope- I made spinach and cottage cheese stuffed manicotti, put it in the crock pot and then just turned it on as I walked out the door :) should be ready to eat right around when he gets home. All he has to do is put the garlic bread in the oven.

Just cook it, breaking it up, with onion, S&P, garlic. Then if you have to you can freeze it. Later you can add seasonings to make chili, Italian sauce, etc, just adding the appropriate seasonings when you thaw it.

I'm going to suggest some meatballs. Very versatile with ingredients and sauces.

Back
Top Bottom