"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Beef

Old 12-07-2006, 05:55 PM   #11
Everymom

LOL! I'm in the "how could you do it?" camp as well, but if thats what he wants, well gotta give it to him.

Since you have the protein, and the carb already, you just need a veggie to go with. Choose something colourful as others have suggested. I'd personally go with some nice baby carrots or some frenched green beans. When they were done cooking I'd toss them with some butter and sprinkle with some grated cheese (fresh parmesan if you have it) and maybe a sprinkle of dill. Mmmmmmmm!

Old 12-07-2006, 06:03 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

Excellent. Green beans it is. And the mashed potatoes and gravy and fresh roll post made my mouth water. =P yum

Thanks everyone!
~K

Old 12-07-2006, 06:17 PM   #13
Head Chef

k, make some mashed spuds and gravy; they will be good in the fridge for a couple of days for you to eat. Let your hubby have his chips but just maybe he will see how good your plate looks and he'll want some too!!
Old 12-07-2006, 07:19 PM   #14
Head Chef

Hi K,
As everything else is fried, a nice steamed veggie medley would be a nice contrast. Maybe something as simple as broccoli, carrots and yellow sqaush would be a good side.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:28 PM   #15
Executive Chef

How about some caramelized onions???
Old 12-07-2006, 07:50 PM   #16
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
I just could not do that to a nice ribeye.

Cube steak, sure.
Me, too. But if you must, try broccoli rabe or haricot vert sauteed with garlic and olive oil. The green, the garlic, and the crunch would be a nice counterpart. If you can do the steak pan fried, you can get the extra boost by doing the veg in the deglazed pan after the steak is done (and the excess oil drained off).
Old 12-07-2006, 08:02 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Aside from what you're doing to the steak, , I would need a nice big bowl of salad. And caesar might just do it!
Old 12-07-2006, 08:34 PM   #18
Senior Cook

I'm not going to bash you for what you're doing to that steak. People order steaks well done daily and I still cook those while I wouldn't serve it to a dog I hated.

Anyway, one restaurant I worked at in Upstate NY had a similar item on the menu although it wasn't thinly pounded or deepfried (thick and pan fried, but still breaded). We served it with sauted portobello mushroom slices in garlic cream sauce. It ROCKED!

And yes, the natural side for that was garlic mashed redskin potatoes (skin on).

Bon app้tit and ciao,

Old 12-07-2006, 09:04 PM   #19
Head Chef

We can buy a whole ribeye here (approx 20 lbs) and have it cut any way we want. It is very common to see thin ribeye steaks. This seems to be somewhat of a different style ribeye than the "ribeye".

Sounds like this steak and chips are a favorite of his. Keep this on the menu and cook another style steak adding the sides.

I'd make a dessert to serve after the steak/chip meal.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:29 PM   #20
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to BigDog Send a message via Yahoo to BigDog
I have the WWE cookbook back when it was the WWF, and there's actually a recipe for Chicken fried steak that calls for ribeye. I made it once. Didn't work so well (pan/oil too hot) but not horrible. Gotta try it again sometime. all it calls for is flour, paprika, salt, pepper, seasoned salt egg and the steaks.

I'd make a nice white sausage style gravy like The Cracker Barrel does, and pour that over the CFS with a side of home made mashed taters. Pick your veggie; I prefer corn, but whatever!

Bon appetito!

Tags
None