Ground Pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessica_Morris

Senior Cook
Last week when we went shopping, we picked up some Ground Pork Steaks. I have never cooked Ground Pork so I'm looking for some suggestions on what I should do with it. Thanks in Advance!

ground pork "steaks"?

is it ground meat like what you would turn into a burger or meatball? or is it a solid piece of meat?

for the former, you could mix it with ground beef, an egg, grated cheese, parsley, a little milk, and breadcrumbs to make meatballs to be browned, then go into tomato sauce to finish.

or it can be used as a filler mixed with minced ginger, scallions, and garlic for wontons.t

you can always mix the ground pork with lemon juice, oregano, basil, garlic, parsley, and an egg, form it around a skewer and grill to make a kofte kebab. serve it with tsatsiki sauce, feta, olives, and an evoo oiled and grilled pita.

Combine with garlic and ginger, soy sauce, sesame paste, hoi sin, minced scallion and chili garlic sauce. Form into burgers and grill.

You could make pork sausage rolls. Mix with a bit of chopped onion, sage a pinch of nutmeg, salt and pepper, add a whisked egg some bread crumbs and roll in puff pastry. Brush with egg wash and bake. Serve with sweet mustard sauce and green salad.

Or mix it half and half with ground beef and use it to make a meatloaf.

I bought some ground pork the other day to mix with ground beef and ground veal to make meatballs and a meat loaf. I mix them 2 parts beef and 1 part each of pork and veal.

My question is, if Farmer John (that's who packaged the ground pork I bought) can make every package exactly 1.2 pounds, why can't they make every package exactly 1 pound? Have you ever seen a recipe that called for 1.2 pounds of anything?

The same thing goes for Jennie-O ground turkey. Every package is exactly 1.25 pounds, not 1 pound. But at least with 1.25 pounds you can make whatever you bought the turkey for with one pound and use the other quarter pound to make yourself a burger for lunch the next day!

I use ground pork to make Luganega sausage patties that I bag up and freeze between wax paper sheets. I take whatever I need, then reclose the bag. They are really good with a fried egg and some cheddar cheese on a biscuit or small burger bun.
There are many different recipes for Luganega sausages on the internet, most with common ingredients which produce a mild, tasty sausage suitable for breakfast or brunch...
attachment.php

Last edited:
You could make pork sausage rolls. Mix with a bit of chopped onion, sage a pinch of nutmeg, salt and pepper, add a whisked egg some bread crumbs and roll in puff pastry. Brush with egg wash and bake. Serve with sweet mustard sauce and green salad.

We love making sausage rolls with pork sausages :yum:

I use ground pork to make Luganega sausage patties that I bag up and freeze between wax paper sheets. I take whatever I need, then reclose the bag. They are really good with a fried egg and some cheddar cheese on a biscuit or small burger bun.
There are many different recipes for Luganega sausages on the internet, most with common ingredients which produce a mild, tasty sausage suitable for breakfast or brunch...
attachment.php

YUM! Looks good Rock!

My immediate thought is tourtiere! (a Canadian meat pie). But stir-fries. Meat balls in all their various versions. Slovene meat patties (just pork with seasonings, flattened and fried). Add some ground beef, and make meat loaf. Stuffed cabbage leaves (so many cultures have them, if you decide to do it, I'll help). Buy won ton or egg roll wrappers and make them. Too many options!

Back
Top Bottom