Makin' Bacon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How do you think I feel?
I'm the most impatient person I know :bounce:

everybody, bang your knives and forks on the table.

WE WANT BACON! WE WANT BACON! WE WANT BACON!

Are you buying and eating any bacon until yours comes in?:pig:

I just might. I hate passing up a good sale and Sugardale bacon (nice smokey flavor, great for wrapping stuff up in) is on sale for $3/lb this week at Giant Eagle.

everybody, bang your knives and forks on the table.

WE WANT BACON! WE WANT BACON! WE WANT BACON!

img_1264512_0_ea4743d01392e63f51c0ee748aad8fb6.jpg

pac, what made you decide to make bacon out of your first pork belly, instead of the much quicker and easier slow-cooked pork belly roast, with its famous crackling topper?
don't get me wrong, pac, i'm with you every step of the way as you turn that lovely pork piece into bacon. I was just womderin'....:)

When things start to happen I'll get another pic up, CG. I am doing my best not to stand there with the refrigerator door open staring at it.

I just always wanted to make bacon, Vit.
I've looked into Canadian bacon and buckboard bacon, but they just aren't "bacon". So my sole intent when purchasing my first pork belly was to turn it into strip bacon. Hopefully to rival anything that can be bought. And the price is right.
This may turn into Pacanis' Bi-monthly Bodacious Belly Bacon thread :LOL:

If the first one is to your liking, you could have one brewing all the time and ready to go.

If the first one is to your liking, you could have one brewing all the time and ready to go.

Exactly. I'm sure I'll get some sort of system going. Especially for as well as bacon freezes.
And then I can play around with different smoke.

Back
Top Bottom