"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Pork
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2017, 08:50 AM   #11
Head Chef

I haven't made this in years, but I remember it being quite tasty. Chicken with green grapes in a tarragon cream sauce. A google search will bring up a few variations, but this is pretty close to what I made.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chicken-veronique

Old 12-03-2017, 12:15 PM   #12
Executive Chef

This makes a really good chicken salad. You have to use a more "homemade" tasting mayo, not Kraft, or an actual homemade mayo. The house iced tea was so good with it, regular tea, pretty sweet, with a splash of white grape juice and muddled mint leaves. They nearly always sold out of the chicken salad so you had to get there fairly early if you wanted it.

http://www.postbulletin.com/the-amaz...f1fb25b5a.html

Old 12-03-2017, 05:51 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
If you grill in summer, I sometimes grill peach halves or nectarines and serve with whatever else is grilling for dinner. Bonus. You can also serve grilled fruit with ice cream for dessert.

Here's a recipe for chicken with roasted grapes which I am reminded of today that I copied some time ago and would like to try.

Smitten Kitchen's Harvest Roast Chicken with Grapes, Olives, and Rosemary Recipe | Serious Eats
I really like the looks of that recipe also Whiska. I'll be following the adapted directions from one of the reviews..
Quote:
Here's a simpler method--and it was delicious. Put the raw chicken, grapes, olives, shallots, and rosemary in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with the olive oil. Roast at 450F for 10 to 15 minutes, to brown the chicken; then reduce the temperature to 425F, add the wine (I used vermouth) and chicken broth, and roast for 20 to 35 more minutes, or until done. I think the grapes and olives need the liquid during the roasting--and they and the rosemary add great flavor to the sauce as the chicken roasts. This method skips having to brown the chicken before roasting and then make a pan sauce at the end--and I thought it gave a better result.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:57 AM   #14
Cook

Thanks guys some cool ideas
Old 12-08-2017, 12:26 PM   #15
Executive Chef

In our family, our two most favorite fruit/meat combinations are a cold chicken grape mayo/pepper/sugar/celery salad (to eat by itself or on whole wheat bread) and Crispy Orange Beef served with rice and broccoli.

Of this recipe: https://www.fifteenspatulas.com/cris...keout-at-home/
I'd instead use chili peppers instead of jalapeno, and then go heavier on the orange juice by adding orange juice concentrate undiluted, and more orange zest. The dish is crispy and the glaze is pretty thick strongly flavored and sweet.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:44 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

I just came across this last night; I have the cookbook and this recipe (scroll down to see it) is not really modified

http://crossfitfw.com/day-life-apple-crab-salad/

Tags
fruit, meat