Slow Cooker (Crock-Pot) Lamb - Greek style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, that's bigger than I pictured it for going into a crock pot.
Thanks for the pic. My mouth is watering and I don't even think I like lamb.

I know you don't like lamb Pac. (And truly, these are just small). They are going to be lost in the crock pot!) But they are going to be sharing with potatoes..... and tomatoes...(toMAYtoes) for a very long time. I am sure they will be married by the time I sprinkle them with fresh lemon zest and parsley. (The bridesmaids will be Greek Salad and Tzatziki) :)

Lamb is by far my favorite meat. I've never had it in a slow cooker, though.

The best lamb I've ever had was on Easter two years ago. We actually rigged up an electric rotisserie and cooked an entire leg over a wood fire in our fire pit. It was outstanding.

If I remember right, the marinade we used was Greek and contained olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, and lots of garlic. It was really quite simple, but oh so delicious.

Well, it all went swimmingly well. The meat was literally falling off the bone and most of the fat had rendered down, so what was left was very tender lamb. The other good news is that I finally bought another bag of Desiree potatoes and these ones didn't have the black spots inside. :)

I don't know why I have made so little use of my slow cooker for all this time. It's a marvellous way of cooking.

Attachments

• IMG-20130811-00185.jpg
    IMG-20130811-00185.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 447
I'm glad it turned out for you. It looks like a nice slow cooker meal.
Just needs carrots, lol.

Looks and sounds like you had great success Katy! Sorry I didn't see this thread before now, but here's some info for the future.

I adore the flavor of lamb and cook it as often as I can. I also enjoy pronounced Greek flavors and always use Cavender's Greek Seasoning, even though some would turn up their nose at a prepared spice blend, this stuff is fantastic with lamb. I found that you can order it in the UK if you can't find it on your store shelves, so you may want to give it a try in the future. You won't be sorry. ;):chef:

Cavender's, All Purpose Greek Seasoning, 8 oz (227 g): Amazon.co.uk: Grocery

Looks and sounds like you had great success Katy! Sorry I didn't see this thread before now, but here's some info for the future.

I adore the flavor of lamb and cook it as often as I can. I also enjoy pronounced Greek flavors and always use Cavender's Greek Seasoning, even though some would turn up their nose at a prepared spice blend, this stuff is fantastic with lamb. I found that you can order it in the UK if you can't find it on your store shelves, so you may want to give it a try in the future. You won't be sorry. ;):chef:

Cavender's, All Purpose Greek Seasoning, 8 oz (227 g): Amazon.co.uk: Grocery

Oh, I don't have a problem with prepared spice blends Kayelle. I think they have their place - though I like to do things from scratch as far as possible. However, I regularly use Ras-el-Hanout and Berbere spice blends rather than make them up myself. So thanks for the suggestion! :)

I recently received a Berbere sample jar from Penzeys Spices. LOVE that stuff on chicken wings. Very nice flavor.
I noticed that Penzeys and Cavenders Greek seasoning is quite a bit different from each other. Noticeably, no lemon in the Cavenders.

I recently received a Berbere sample jar from Penzeys Spices. LOVE that stuff on chicken wings. Very nice flavor.
I noticed that Penzeys and Cavenders Greek seasoning is quite a bit different from each other. Noticeably, no lemon in the Cavenders.

I find it very tasty on all sorts of things Pac - (the Berbere I mean). I have been known to sprinkle a little on potato wedges before I put them in the oven. :yum:

I've stripped the meat off the remaining lamb shank.

Now, don't be appalled people, but my plan for the left over lamb tomorrow is to throw it, along with the remaining potatoes (chopped), into a frying pan and fry it all together in butter. I'll add a few peas and sliced green beans (and who knows, maybe even some carrots to pacify Pac! ;))

I've stripped the meat off the remaining lamb shank.

Now, don't be appalled people, but my plan for the left over lamb tomorrow is to throw it, along with the remaining potatoes (chopped), into a frying pan and fry it all together in butter. I'll add a few peas and sliced green beans (and who knows, maybe even some carrots to pacify Pac! ;))

Now why would we be appalled, Katy? Sounds wonderful!

I'll have to go in search of the Berbere!

Last edited:
Well, it's not exactly "haute cuisine" is it! :LOL:

It's good stuff! Definitely worth trying if you like spice! ;)

Yes, we're all "haute cuisine" here! :LOL: Speaking as one who unabashedly uses Cream of Something soup along with Velveeta, often times in combination.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom