"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat
Old 05-26-2005, 03:17 PM   #11
Contest Winner

Crewsk if that is it I am living in a boomtown cause we have 8 gas stations a pizza hut, KFC, Subway,Burger king,Bojangles,Hardees,Jin'Jin, and about 14 other restaurants, plus about 50 other businesses.

If you need a smile, take mine, I'll make a new one.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:18 PM   #12
DC Grandma
You are so right..it is a beautiful city. I havent seen any part of the Carolina's that isn't..
Could that have been Catfish or Flounder you ate?? I love Flounder and the best I have ever eaten is at the Harbour House in Hickory N.C. (right Elf!) and I HATE fish...go figgure..

May I always be the person my dog thinks I am.

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Old 05-26-2005, 03:35 PM   #13
Master Chef
Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Originally Posted by Maidrite
Crewsk if that is it I am living in a boomtown cause we have 8 gas stations a pizza hut, KFC, Subway,Burger king,Bojangles,Hardees,Jin'Jin, and about 14 other restaurants, plus about 50 other businesses.
Yep, that's about it Maidrite. There are 2 homestyle restaurants right next to each other that are owned by the same family. I've never been to either one of them, they just don't look all that appetizing from the outside. Sounds like you live in a town about the size of the one we moved from. It is a small mill town but they have several businesses & restaurants.
"Treat everyone with politeness,even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are."
Old 05-26-2005, 03:56 PM   #14
Master Chef
Originally Posted by crewsk
Norris dosen't have a place for a pants store. Sorry bucky!
How about just a really long apron store?
-A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand
Old 05-26-2005, 04:40 PM   #15
Senior Cook
Dove I don't like fish either and was really surprised at how good it was. Just asked Dh and he said it might have been flounder. The park we camped at was a state park. It was about 6 years ago and my memory is fuzzy. (At my age everything is fuzzy)
Lord, put your arms around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:11 PM   #16
Master Chef
i like the black-and-white postcard. it's pretty.
i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
Old 05-27-2005, 04:53 AM   #17
Head Chef
Charleston is very beautiful. My dh and I spent some time there last year and I want to go back someday. My daughter and her family vacation at Sullivan's Island every summer with another couple and their children. They love the area.
I can resist anything, but temptation. Oscar Wilde
Old 05-27-2005, 04:20 PM   #18
Traveling Welcome Wagon
What beautiful pictures! I have been to Fort Sumter, the Slave Market, Rainbow Row, and around the downtown area. I can't wait to go back again so my husband can see it.

Crewsk, our town (Pageland) has about 3,000 people. We are on the highway leading from Charlotte to Myrtle Beach, so there are quite a few places to eat, gas stations, etc.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:17 PM   #19
Executive Chef
Spring is my favorite time here - the flowers just knock you out they're so gorgeous!

And now we're in the beginning of the Spoleto Festival, so have to watch out for all the tourists who don't know which way they're going, lol!

We actually live in Mt Pleasant, right across the Cooper River from Charleston; it's where Isle of Palms and Sullivan's Island are, both resort as well as residential areas; folks who golf say the best golfing in the US is here.

And if you're a CIvil War buff, well - there's noplace else to go but Charleston! Some of the houses downtown still have cannon balls in the walls!