missing jogger found alive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad they found her alive. A simple "I don't" would have sufficed.

NOW I HEAR SHES GOT A BOOK DEAL GOING TO BE PUBLISHED! I said i think all that money from her book should be going to all the police and searchers for all their work on that hoax!!:angry:

Heat said:
NOW I HEAR SHES GOT A BOOK DEAL GOING TO BE PUBLISHED! I said i think all that money from her book should be going to all the police and searchers for all their work on that hoax!!:angry:
I agree!

:) Barbara

They said that no charges will be filed against her. At the very least she should be held responsible for the huge amount of money that went into the search for her. I am glad she's alive, but can't imagine why she was planning such a big (600 people) wedding in the first place.

Her wedding plans sound like my cousin who is getting married in June. Her wedding is at 9:30 am. We have to take a train from the parking site a few miles away. After the wedding there is a brunch, then at 6:00 pm, hor d'oerves then dinner and the reception following. The wedding site and the dinner etc. site are about 40 miles apart - each about 40 miles from us.She is having 10 attendants. I've never been to a wedding that took all day.

I'm just glad she's safe and sound. I don't know her so I don't know the events that lead up to her making that decision. The thing that truely upsets me is the fact that in the future if this were to happen again that maybe the police won't be as aggressive in this situation and it will be a true missing person. Or that during this time maybe another case was pushed back that needed serious attention but the departments focus was on finding her. All in all though I'm just thankful she's ok.

I'm always sad when I hear about stuff like this. Talk about crying wolf...I think people who volunteered to find this woman may think twice the next time something like this happens. I hope not, but you never know...

I always wonder what is going through a person's head when the do stuff like this...Can it really be THAT hard to be honest? So what if you call it off, only 600 people know about it...Now that you're on nat'l news, it's millions AND you look silly...:shock: I'll admit I would like to hear what she has to say, though I wouldn't buy a book about it.

In my neck of the woods they have started charging people who do stuff like this. Search and rescues can be fairly expensive operations. After the umpteenth teenager that went outbounds at the local ski resorts they started charging them for the costs if it was found that they were negligent. At work we also charge people that intentionally or from pure stupidity start forest fires. They are charged for the cost of suppression. The last fire we had that a person negligently started he was billed for over $25,000, which is cheap.

It certainly seems fair to me to charge her for all expenses entailed with the search. Of course there is no way to repay for all the anguish and terror the family and friends went thru, or what it did to all of us knowing such terrible things really can happen. It could also affect how quickly a search could be started in the future for someone who may actually be a victim.

not to mention the grief her family went through. i don't know about her but if i was having second thoughts i'd have called my parents and told hem to hold the search party i just need time away for myself.

They are now discussing whether they will be pressing charges. She may get a year in prison for this, if they decide to take her to court.

Middie, I agree. The saddest part is the grief & worry of the loved ones/family. I can't see sending anyone to jail for running away or man-hours spent for a search. Re premeditation...think this situation has gotten blown WAY out of proportion by the media & too much speculation. Can't help feeling a little sorry for her. Maybe counselling might help. I wouldn't judge people without knowing all the circumstances. Shame on the news directors at TV stations for taking up air time with such insignificant matters & portraying the woman as a criminal.

digigirl,
Is that a quote at the end of your message, or is that yours? Either way, I agree wholeheartedly.

Lyndalou

lyndalou said:
digigirl,
Is that a quote at the end of your message, or is that yours? Either way, I agree wholeheartedly.
Lyndalou

It's a quote, but I don't know where it originated. It's one of those things that has gotten passed around the Internet a million times. I saw it and just thought that it really sums it up like it should be! So, I made it my signature!

Glad you like it. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom