"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat
Old 04-30-2005, 07:57 AM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
missing jogger found alive

Old 04-30-2005, 10:07 AM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef
I guess it's time for her fiance to rethink the wedding plans!!

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Old 04-30-2005, 12:00 PM   #3
Executive Chef
Glad they found her alive. A simple "I don't" would have sufficed.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:21 PM   #4
Senior Cook
Send a message via Yahoo to Heat
NOW I HEAR SHES GOT A BOOK DEAL GOING TO BE PUBLISHED! I said i think all that money from her book should be going to all the police and searchers for all their work on that hoax!!
"There is no fear in love;
but perfect love casteth out fear"
-The Bible
Old 04-30-2005, 09:39 PM   #5
Master Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
She deserves a month in jail for this!
Old 05-01-2005, 03:05 AM   #6
Traveling Welcome Wagon
Originally Posted by Heat
NOW I HEAR SHES GOT A BOOK DEAL GOING TO BE PUBLISHED! I said i think all that money from her book should be going to all the police and searchers for all their work on that hoax!!
I agree!

Old 05-01-2005, 04:39 AM   #7
Head Chef
They said that no charges will be filed against her. At the very least she should be held responsible for the huge amount of money that went into the search for her. I am glad she's alive, but can't imagine why she was planning such a big (600 people) wedding in the first place.
I can resist anything, but temptation. Oscar Wilde
Old 05-01-2005, 04:45 AM   #8
Executive Chef
Her wedding plans sound like my cousin who is getting married in June. Her wedding is at 9:30 am. We have to take a train from the parking site a few miles away. After the wedding there is a brunch, then at 6:00 pm, hor d'oerves then dinner and the reception following. The wedding site and the dinner etc. site are about 40 miles apart - each about 40 miles from us.She is having 10 attendants. I've never been to a wedding that took all day.
Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:18 AM   #9
Master Chef
I'm just glad she's safe and sound. I don't know her so I don't know the events that lead up to her making that decision. The thing that truely upsets me is the fact that in the future if this were to happen again that maybe the police won't be as aggressive in this situation and it will be a true missing person. Or that during this time maybe another case was pushed back that needed serious attention but the departments focus was on finding her. All in all though I'm just thankful she's ok.
Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
Old 05-01-2005, 11:59 PM   #10
Head Chef
I'm always sad when I hear about stuff like this. Talk about crying wolf...I think people who volunteered to find this woman may think twice the next time something like this happens. I hope not, but you never know...

I always wonder what is going through a person's head when the do stuff like this...Can it really be THAT hard to be honest? So what if you call it off, only 600 people know about it...Now that you're on nat'l news, it's millions AND you look silly... I'll admit I would like to hear what she has to say, though I wouldn't buy a book about it.