What are some of your best recipes that you found on youtube?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

georgevan

Senior Cook
mine are pepper steak and some lo mein recipes. I steered away from South East Asian recipes until I found out their success was in the sauces. My next try is chicken noodle soup and broccoli cheddar soup.

Though I can't remember the exact recipes, I can remember probably the best chef I would get recipes of - Rick Bayless - and another show, that I've gotten great info and recipes from - Entrée To Asia, by Thomas Robson. This last one is just the old PBS shows, but Bayless has new things, and had a lot of new shows during the height of the pandemic, which was getting people to eat at home more.

I found a recipe for Red Lobster cheddar garlic biscuits on Allrecipes.

It's actually better than the Red Lobster biscuits.

Allrecipies also had a recipe for Parmesan crusted Chantilly potatoes that were out of this world, but apparently that recipe has disappeared. But I found a recipe for Blue Cheese and Cheddar Stovies that is just as delicious on this website:

Last edited:
I have two fabulous recipes from Chef John of Food Wishes.

This one is a regular at my house.

This one I just tried recently and it was really, really good. I'm sure this will become a regular too.

And even though there are some good recipes at Allrecipes, I have seen many that I won't try. They just don't look that good or accurate to me.

I found a few Chinese recipes from a guy who ( theoretically) had his own restaurant , and now shares many of his recipes on YouTube. Specifically the Hot and Sour soup, and the eggplant with garlic sauce are about as close to what I've had in a restaurant .
This is his website, but I originally found it on You tube

I use websites, youtube not very often.
But I did use a recipe for banh mi bread by someone called Helen.
I got directed there, but don't know the who and why anymore

And I watched some dumpling making ones that were by Titi Waber on foodtube (but they are in Dutch)

Well folks, as you all know (and I know, I'm repeating myslef) - I did get caught. If I remember correctly it was from an Aussie newspaper food section(?). Worst part was I felt 2 things were wrong, no parboil and not enough space for stuffing. Turns out I was correct on both counts.

But thanks to all of you I finally bought one of the Patak sauces "Butter Chicken" and it is delicious. One point good - two points bad.
Have I learned my lesson? Only time will tell. Turn in next week for .....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom