"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions > Off Topic Chat
View Poll Results: What kind of soda do you drink?
Regular - Pepsi, Coke, 7-up, etc 7 30.43%
Diet 7 30.43%
Caffeine Free, Carb Free, and Sugar Free 4 17.39%
None 4 17.39%
Flavored - Vanilla Pepsi, Cherry Coke, etc 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2005, 04:59 PM   #11
Certified Executive Chef

I usually do not drink any soft drinks, however I do have a coke (not pepsi) a couple times a year but must have it with a wedge of fresh lime in it. Usually it is lots of water, Coffee, lemon or lime ade, sometimes tea, and wine with dinner or sometimes a microbrew ale.

Old 02-28-2005, 06:20 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by norgeskog
I usually do not drink any soft drinks, however I do have a coke (not pepsi) a couple times a year but must have it with a wedge of fresh lime in it. Usually it is lots of water, Coffee, lemon or lime ade, sometimes tea, and wine with dinner or sometimes a microbrew ale.
Way to go! Sounds pretty good to me, especially 'lots of water'. Keep it up girl. Wine with dinner sounds nice too. What kind of microbrew? Is it sold here?

Old 02-28-2005, 07:23 PM   #13
Executive Chef

I'll admit I'm addicted to the flavored stuff, like Cherry Pepsi, Cherry Coke, Pepsi Twist, etc. I haven't tried the new Coke with Lime juice yet, but I'm not surprised, as the diet coke w/ lime is an old trick to make the diet stuff taste better. I guess Coca-Cola Inc. finally figured that trick out and decided to market it. Pepsi did it years ago with Pepsi Twist (lemon-flavored)

I try to limit how much I drink. I don't guzzle the stuff anymore, like I used to.

I can get my caffeine fix from coffee in the morning, and usually do. But, I need the carbonation fix as well. Heck, I can be happy with soda water in that respect.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:25 PM   #14
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgeskog
Way to go! Sounds pretty good to me, especially 'lots of water'. Keep it up girl. Wine with dinner sounds nice too. What kind of microbrew? Is it sold here?
I live in Oregon which is full of microbrew? My fave is Mirror Pond which is made by the Deschutes Brewery, it is a light ale. There are several restaurants/brewerys here in Eugene and they have great microbrews. One is called Ruby which is a light pinkish color, it is lightly seasoned with unsweetened raspberries and it is awesome. They restaurant makes cheesecake out of the Ruby and out of their stout. Believe it or not, the cheesecakes are wonderful. Where are you located????
Old 02-28-2005, 07:32 PM   #15
Executive Chef

I used to be a hard core Coke drinker but when I switched to diet, I liked the taste of Pesi better. Although I did try the Diet Coke with Lime and I thought it was pretty good.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:46 PM   #16
Certified Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi
I used to be a hard core Coke drinker but when I switched to diet, I liked the taste of Pesi better. Although I did try the Diet Coke with Lime and I thought it was pretty good.
I prefer coke, when I drink soda, because Pepsi seems to sweet to me.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:02 PM   #17
Head Chef

I wouldn't trade my diet dr pepper for any other soda on the market.

- WOODROW WILSON
Old 02-28-2005, 11:43 PM   #18
DC Grandma

I have to stay away from Caffene and sugar so I drink Diet Ginger Ale. A 6 pack lasts for several months.

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Old 02-28-2005, 11:58 PM   #19
Sous Chef

Send a message via MSN to Brooksy Send a message via Skype™ to Brooksy
Beer!
Don't tell my doctor, he'll go crazy.

If I haven't any beer or going flying, then Coke will do.

Coffee is the heartstarter, & the occasional pure fruit juice.

Steer clear of water, because fish do dirty things in it!
Old 03-01-2005, 12:41 AM   #20
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to thier1754
Coke all the way, Pepsi if I must. I've done everything to make Coke unappealing, like picturing all kinds of nasty things floating in it, but it's still my comfort food from childhood. I had lots of stomach ailments and illnesses and my daddy would bring me Coke syrup from the pharmacy to calm my tummy. Still does the trick unless I overindulge. It's the only cold drink I can tolerate unless I drink it at night with a rich dinner. Then I'm cooked...

More than you wanted to know?? Sorry!!! :oops: