"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Jokes and Games
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #4851
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
so far, my amulets have been working very effectively on both jd and nf...oops, oh my!! i seem to have lost them down the garbage disposal! whatever shall i do?!
__________________

__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #4852
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Can you imagine a conversation between Dawg and Jayne??? ROFLMFAO!!! Think she would try to correct his grammar???
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #4853
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mostly in my head
Posts: 2,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Can you imagine a conversation between Dawg and Jayne??? ROFLMFAO!!! Think she would try to correct his grammar???
You know, I adore Jayne as a character. He's tied with Shepard as my favorite. But if I actually had to try to converse with him I'm sure it wouldn't be long before I just rolled my eyes and walked away or put on a pair of head-phones and picked up a book.

And it's not the grammar or the lack of education that would get me. It's the gorram (sp?) thick-headed obstinance that would force me to either ignore him or push him out a window. And since I'm a non-violent type (and pretty sure Jayne would beat me in a fight), head-phones and a book seem like the best option.
__________________
Just because something has a duck bill doesn't mean it's a platypus. It might just be a duck.
Roger Miller: You can't roller skate in a buffalo heard, but you can be happy if you've a mind to.
purple.alien.giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #4854
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
You know, I adore Jayne as a character. He's tied with Shepard as my favorite. But if I actually had to try to converse with him I'm sure it wouldn't be long before I just rolled my eyes and walked away or put on a pair of head-phones and picked up a book.

And it's not the grammar or the lack of education that would get me. It's the gorram (sp?) thick-headed obstinance that would force me to either ignore him or push him out a window. And since I'm a non-violent type (and pretty sure Jayne would beat me in a fight), head-phones and a book seem like the best option.
If nothing else we will goad Dawg into watching Firefly...I think you are right PAG, Jayne would make me nuts because of his obstinance. Come to think of it, the only time Mal got through to him was when he was going to space him.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #4855
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,869
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
If nothing else we will goad Dawg into watching Firefly...I think you are right PAG, Jayne would make me nuts because of his obstinance. Come to think of it, the only time Mal got through to him was when he was going to space him.
Dawg hasn't seen Firefly?

Didn't River get through to him by scaring the c**p out of him?
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #4856
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Dawg hasn't seen Firefly?

Didn't River get through to him by scaring the c**p out of him?
He was always scared of River...the once he took up directly against her convinced him he was right.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #4857
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,869
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Jayne was an uncouth, scary, stubborn, uneducated character in Firefly.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #4858
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Can you imagine a conversation between Dawg and Jayne??? ROFLMFAO!!! Think she would try to correct his grammar???
What the heck are you guys talking about??? Sheesh. Leave and go down to the pool for awhile, come back, and look what happens!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:53 AM   #4859
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
What the heck are you guys talking about??? Sheesh. Leave and go down to the pool for awhile, come back, and look what happens!
'S-okay Dawg, I'm not getting any of it either. Like you, I've never seen the one-season wonder show called "Firefly". Our loss, apparently!
__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:19 AM   #4860
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
We were lucky there was one season...it was a fantastic show and the network had a hit on their hands and never even knew it.
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.