"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Soups
Old 10-24-2015, 07:17 PM   #21
Master Chef
I know a fair amount about wine as I've sure been to more wine tastings than I can count. Most of all, I know what I like. Anyone who really knows anything about wine will tell you the same. Same goes for ice..I like my white wine ice cold, and if "they" want to look down their nose at me, have at it.

I will say that when I order wine, I'll also ask for a glass of ice on the side.
No way I'm gonna be cheated out of a full pour.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote

beer, broccoli, cheese, recipe, soup

Broccoli Beer Cheese Soup As requested: 4 to 6 small broccoli heads, cleaned and cut up, can include stems 1 onion, chopped 1 big handful baby carrots, shredded or rough chopped (or any regular carrots) 1 box low fat chicken stock (I used Kirkland) 1T Better Than Bouillon Chicken Stock (or whatever else you might have) 2 cups water 1 can/bottle of beer (I used Sam Adams, whatever you have on hand is fine) 2 bay leaves 1 tsp dried thyme 1/4 lb Velveeta, chunked 2 cups cheap shredded sharp cheddar Shake of hot sauce (optional) I roasted the cut up broccoli on a sheet pan after tossing it with olive oil and salt and pepper at 450 for 20 minutes, or until some of it turned crusty brown. Put into a big pot along with the chicken broth, onion, chopped carrots, water, BTB, bay leaves, and thyme. Simmer for awhile on stovetop. Add in Velveeta, turn heat to low. Pour in beer. Add sharp shredded cheddar. Stir a lot. Take out bay leaves. Salt and pepper to taste. Shake of hot sauce if you like. I used the boat motor just enough to leave the soup slightly chunky. This is as best as I can remember! 3 stars 1 reviews