ISO TnT Cucumber Soup Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's one for you to look over, Andy.

1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 diced cucumber
1 tbsp flour
2 cups chicken stock
1-1/2 tsp vinegar
1 tbsp fresh snipped dill
1/4 cup sour cream

Melt butter and saute onions until soft. Add cucumber to pot; add flour and stir well. Add chicken broth, vinegar, and dill weed. Stir well; cook for 30 minutes, then puree while adding sour cream. Serve well-chilled or hot.

Andy,
I have one that uses yogurt and mint, plus honey.lime juice cumin and milk. If you think your SO might be interested let me know and I'll send the recipe to her.
cj

As a lover of cold cucumber soup, Tinlizzie, I would only suggest you mention seeding the cucumbers before dicing and cooking. It really improves the texture.

During my first experience with CCS was in a restaurant and they served the sour cream as dollop garnish-like in the center, but, as you said, blended in also works.

Last edited:
As a lover of cold cucumber soup, Tinlizzie, I would only suggest you mention seeding the cucumbers before dicing and cooking. It really improves the texture.

During my first experience with CCS was in a restaurant and they served the sour cream as dollop garnish-like in the center, but, as you said, blended in also works.

Thank you, Selkie. There's nothing so good that it can't stand improvement.

I like the sour cream dollop on cold borscht, too.

I'm bumping this because I'm looking for other ideas.

I take a container of yogurt, the same amount of buttermilk, 2-3 grated cukes (seeded, but not peeled), a couple of cloves of garlic, grated, chopped green onion tops, fresh mint, dill, oregano, juice of 1/2-1 lime, lime zest, fresh ground pepper, and Vulcan salt. Topped with some unsalted sunflower seeds, chopped dill and mint, and a few sultans. The problem is, I eat the whole batch in a day! Wondering how the rest of you make a cold cucumber soup.

I don't have a soup recipe, how about a dill pickle smoothie.

Place in a blender 1 cup of yogurt, 1/2 cup pickle juice, 4 ice cubes, 1 large Claussen dill pickle cut into chunks, a few grinds of pepper.

Cucumber infused water is also very refreshing. Sliced cucumbers chilled in water plain or with lemon, lime, basil, dill, mint added for additional flavor.

Back
Top Bottom