Need to jazz this up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there any chance that the taste of the soup is supposed to be subtle? I don't "do" subtle! :w00t2: Maybe you don't like subtle either.

I like our Princess's idea of sauteing some of the leeks. Maybe in bacon drippings. Save the bacon crumbles to use on top the soup with the crispy leeks and a touch of grated cheddar cheese.

If this soup was supposed to be "healthy" I think I just ruined that plan.:ermm:

Potato leek soup isn't supposed to a strong flavored spicy soup. The potato and leeks are the stars. If it's properly salted and peppered (potatoes need a lot of salt), it's delicious.

Of course, you can add other flavors. Bacon will certainly make it taste great.

The recipe I use does not add flour/butter to thicken. Pureeing the soup is all you need.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I guess, like CG, I'm not used to "subtle". I added a bit more thyme, and served with some crumbled bacon. Again, not bad, just subtle.

Potato leek soup isn't supposed to a strong flavored spicy soup. The potato and leeks are the stars. If it's properly salted and peppered (potatoes need a lot of salt), it's delicious.

Of course, you can add other flavors. Bacon will certainly make it taste great.

The recipe I use does not add flour/butter to thicken. Pureeing the soup is all you need.

I totally agree!

You can't skimp on the leeks or the salt to make this soup. When well-made it's sublime.

Cream cheese added to a cream soup adds nice rich flavor. Usually I sprinkle chopped green onions and grated Parmesan cheese on top of each bowl when serving (or let people add their own). Bacon lovers could add crumbled bacon bits but that may be a bit over the top.

you're mixing a metaphor and a mission statement, andy. ;)

"where no one (man) has gone before",

and

fools rush in where wise men...

i think i need some bacon. :wacko:

you're mixing a metaphor and a mission statement, andy. ;)

"where no one (man) has gone before",

and

fools rush in where wise men...

i think i need some bacon. :wacko:

It suited my purpose at the time. I have no problem with stealing others' words and twisting them around to suit my needs.

Back
Top Bottom