Crisp Chicken Potato Bake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
This is a great meal for the Dutch oven. Coating only one side of the Chicken makes for a crispy coating.
Enjoy! Debbie

Crispy Chicken Potato Bake

img_533076_0_d6d82114bb568dd372ea27e9a1c615a8.jpg

CHICKEN
4 CHICKEN BREASTS; Boneless Skinless.
1/4 cup(s) BREAD CRUMBS; Dry.
1/4 cup(s) PARMESAN CHEESE; From A Can.
1/8 teaspoon(s) ITALIAN SEASONING; Dried.
PARSLEY FLAKES; Dried; To Taste
BLACK PEPPER; To Taste.
1 EGG; Beaten.

POTATOES
8 cup(s) (24 ounces) COUNTRY STYLE SHREDDED HASH BROWNS; Thawed.
1 can(s) (10 3/4 ounce) CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP
1/2 cup(s) MILK
3/4 cup(s) SOUR CREAM
1 1/2 cup(s) COLBY MONTEREY JACK CHEESE; Grated.
SALT; To Taste.
BLACK PEPPER; To Taste.
_____

In an 13x9 baking dish, combine thawed potatoes, soup, milk, sour cream, Colby and Monterey Jack cheese and salt and Pepper; mix well.
In a plastic bag or on plate combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
In a shallow dish add egg and beat well.
Dip only one side of chicken breast in egg, then in bread crumbs.
Place coated side of breast up on the potato mixture.
Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
Bake at 375 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is done and potatoes are bubbling and brown around the edges.
Serves 4
_____

Last edited:
I was rereading the directions because my coating always gets dry and does not form a crust. Then I noticed that you cook the chicken over the potatoes...wow I like that idea.

Do you cook this covered or not? I am thinking the potatoes would get watery from the steam maybe. But does the coating work better with a lid?

I have had some success brushing the chicken with oil but I would just as soon use egg.

That corn is pretty. Is it fresh/frozen or canned?

It would be nice to serve chicken breast with crust rather than sauce all the time.

I was rereading the directions because my coating always gets dry and does not form a crust. Then I noticed that you cook the chicken over the potatoes...wow I like that idea.

Do you cook this covered or not? I am thinking the potatoes would get watery from the steam maybe. But does the coating work better with a lid?

I have had some success brushing the chicken with oil but I would just as soon use egg.

That corn is pretty. Is it fresh/frozen or canned?

It would be nice to serve chicken breast with crust rather than sauce all the time.

Yes, it is a nice change. You bake it uncovered. The corn is frozen.

I have similar recipes for both the chicken and the potatoes but never thought of cooking them together! StirBlue one thing I do when I'm cooking the chicken breaded without a sauce is to melt some butter and drizzle it over the breaded chicken before baking. It gives back some of the fat the boneless-skinless breasts lack to make a good crispy crust.

sage, If you like my other recipes you will like this. Enjoy!

jabbur, Good idea using the butter. Thanks for sharing the tip. Debbie

LOL JoAnnL. I hope you enjoy the recipe.

Thanks for the recipe, it looks delicious! I will have to try it, probably next weekend, i have to say that the potatoes look very tasty, can't wait to try :)

Back
Top Bottom