Taco Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxy

Senior Cook
Taco Pie:

1 tube crescent dinner rolls
1-1/2 lbs. hamburger
1 onion, chopped
1 pkg. taco seasoning
sour cream
shredded Cheddar cheese or Mexcan Cheese
Doritos

Open and unroll crescent dinner rolls and line a pie pan. Brown the hamburger with the chopped onion and taco seasoning. Drain grease off and add the hamburger mixture on top of rolls. Cover hamburger with sour cream. Add shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese on top of sour cream. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and add crushed Doritos on top.

now THAT I would Try! :D

although I`v no idea where you`d buy the crescent rolls from in the UK????

My family would like this...question- do you have to bake the crescent roll pie shell first before you fill it with the meat and other ingredients? TIA!

That sounds fantastic! Anything with crescent rolls is a no fail recipe! Can't wait to try it!

lpb

Printed Big

Sounds very good, but I would have to make a bigger one, like 9x13, DH would eat the pie tin my himself -:ROFLMAO:! Thanks for sharing !!

I would substitute Fritos for Doritos. My taco salad and things along the same lines have never tasted right to me with doritos. Just personal preference. I have crescents and hamburger thawed right now. I should do this for dinner.

If I put Doritos on it, even the 4 yo would eat!!! Thank you!

My kind of dish and sounds quick and simple. Going to try it tonight. I think the jalapeno addition is a good idea.

Thanks Roxy, I was just putting together some simple menus for my next trip to daughter's. It can't all revolve around cooking as there are two grandchildren to pay attention to - this hits the spot and grandson can help if he wishes.

Thanks Roxy - yes indeed! Easy and good. Went over very well with the family and if 9 year old grandson likes it (and he did) it's a winner. Someone mentioned puff pastry - didn't try that but I also bet it would work instead of crescent rolls which I used. Thanks again

I made a variation of this taco pie last night.

We had leftover (tough) steak to use up, so DH chopped it up and we heated it with the taco seasoning, can of tomato sauce, and a can of refried beans (which he was craving) for the filling. It was good. I think you could do this with leftover chicken or pulled pork, also.

When I make it again, I think I'll spoon the re-fried beans over the crust and chips as a layer, and then add some more grated cheese, instead of mixing it up with the meat. The mixture didn't look very appealing, although that didn't stop us from eating it.
I served this with Pace Piquante Sauce on the side; I forgot about the lettuce, sour cream and sliced avocado that I had planned on serving with with it. :wacko:

I made this last night except I didn't have cresent rolls so I used regular rolls. I rolled them out flat and pieced them together on the bottom of a 9x13 pan. I layered everything and added Tostitos instead of Doritos because I didn't have any. We added some salsa on top for a little kick. Next time, I will add a layer of refried beans for dh and oldest son and maybe half will have olives on top. Kinda reminds me of my mom's 7 layer dip. It was good tho.

jan12-2009.jpg

Back
Top Bottom