Greetings from OTR.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings all,

I am an OTR truck driver. I like food so I cook. I really like trying to find ways to cook on the truck and I make YouTube videos about it. I don't use propane. Propane has to be replenished and I'm too cheap for that. Plays, anyone can cook over a flame. I do my YouTube videos to show other truckers how to fix inexpensive, tasty, hot food in the truck. I do most of my cooking with a RoadPro portable stove. It runs on a 12 volt power socket and cooks at 300°. My signature dish is Chicken and Rice with Onion. It's only my signature dish because I actually came up with it on my own from scratch and it's actually pretty good. It's the dish I make most often. If you search YouTube for "Big Rig Cooking" you will find my videos.

I am not an artistic cook. I can follow a recipe and I can do that very well. I cannot "whip something together." My wife has that talent. I am in search of herb and spice combinations that will let me add variety to my recipes. Thanks in advance for letting me pick your brains.

i 10-4 good buddy, this is the rubber buck...

j/k, welcome. your meals, because of thsir nature sound nteresting in their perspective environent.

geez, do you kow hard it was to say that just right?

i can't wait to hear about trucker food.

Last edited:
"We've got us a convoy." I love that song. That and "Teddy Bear" by Red Sovine. My wife won't let me play Teddy Bear.

Trucker Food is typically cafe' food, pizza, or 2 hot dogs at the Pilot. I try to eat cheaply and with a little variety. However, I do love the jalapeño and cheese hot dogs from Pilot.

It took me a moment to figure our was SS was for. Just call me Stinky.

Does anyone know where that name comes from without Googling it?

It took me a moment to figure our was SS was for. Just call me Stinky.

Does anyone know where that name comes from without Googling it?

Sorry, we use a lot of abbreviations here. Inquiring minds want to know: why are you Stinky?

Before I tell all, I'd like to see if anyone recognizes the name.

Hint: It's from an 80's sitcom.

Clueless. We will like and accept you anyway. Even better that you can cook. Even even better that this is the internet, and we can't smell anything.

Last edited:
In the show Growing Pains, Stinky Sullivan was the best friend to the younger boy, Ben. I always thought that was a funny name. What puzzles me is how some people know to call me Stinky but I never told them that's my screen name.

Back
Top Bottom