Hello from Ireland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Culchie

Assistant Cook
Well, this site looks like a real hidden treasure, it looks brilliant.

Myself and my wife both love cooking and both worked in the hotel industry (before you got sense!) ...love dining out and cooking in our house as well.

I'm afraid we'll be just gleaning information from you all:-p

Welcome aboard Culchie. Everyone here is very friendly and sure you will enjoy it here.

Hate to hit you with a question on your first visit, but a while back someone posted asking what Killarney sauce is. No one could come up with an answer. Several times since then I have Googled and searched but have not come up with an answer.

Sounds like it is served in Irish pubs. Would put an itch to rest if you could tell us all what it is.

Anyway, welcome aboard again.

Hi, Culchie. Welcome to DC :) My husband and I visited Ireland in 2003 and had a *wonderful* time - great food, great scenery - especially castle and monastery ruins - great, friendly people. Great trip ;) Glad to have you here.

Welcome aboard Culchie. Everyone here is very friendly and sure you will enjoy it here.

Hate to hit you with a question on your first visit, but a while back someone posted asking what Killarney sauce is. No one could come up with an answer. Several times since then I have Googled and searched but have not come up with an answer.

Sounds like it is served in Irish pubs. Would put an itch to rest if you could tell us all what it is.

Anyway, welcome aboard again.

Sorry, never heard of it here.

I'd say you'd have better luck asking a chef working in an Irish bar in the USA.
Killarney is completely orientated to USA market, so it's probably just something given a neat marketing name to connect the food to the bar.

Thanks for the response Culchie, like I said it is an itch I want to disappear.

Sigh, where are all the American Irish pub owners on this forum when you need them?

LOL and God bless.

Dia duit my fellow Irish Culchie! Hope you enjoy the boards as much as i do! And no i have never heard of Kilarney sauce either!!!! No doubt there's guinness in it someplace!

welcome culchie, from a plastic paddy.

auntdot, can you describe the sauce again, and what meats it would be served upon? i'm thinking that it could be a whisky mushroom type sauce, or maybe something more like haich-p (hp). :cool:

Back
Top Bottom