"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 05-12-2016, 06:34 PM   #21
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rugged Dude View Post
Hello GilliAnne,

I'm a "live in the sticks" person too... off the grid by two miles. Hey, if you're in Ireland, could you PLEASE send me some of your traditional pub style fish 'n chips? Please............. I'll be very nice.

My fish batter comes from my father's side... his mom lived in Dublin until she was 45. Then, they all moved to Canada. They ate fish 'n chips every Friday...

Welcome!
Maybe you could share the batter recipe, please. We will all be nice.

Old 05-12-2016, 06:53 PM   #22
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
wow, i don't know when you find time to cook, with all pets, fish, work. That's amazing. Welcome to DC. Looks like not only you can learn here but share too.

lol. I am not Wonder Woman. I only have myself to make happy. I cook mostly on my days off. I make a lot of stuff that freezes well.

I forgot to take something out to thaw for tonight and I'm not crazy about defrosting in the microwave so I'll be having bacon and eggs.

Left over Jambalaya tomorrow (I work Saturdays) Sunday I'll make a lovely corned beef in my wonderful new pressure cooker. I need to make something on Monday that freezes well. (Monday is my second day off). I haven't decided what it will be yet. If I can get off early I may call the slaughter house and see if they have beef tongue and beef kidneys for sale. My heart is yearning for a good kidney stew.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:30 PM   #23
Executive Chef

Hello...
Old 06-29-2016, 06:38 PM   #24
Assistant Cook

Steak and kidney pie is a traditional British dish, but I haven't made it for a long time. It's not a family favourite here and I'm not great at making it.

Those women cooking for their families in hard times such as during the war worked wonders. Of course, they were very patient and prepared for it to take a long time. We're all in too much of a hurry these days.

I loved the picture of the 4 cousins and found the bit about the blackbirds very interesting - 4 and 20 blackbirds and all that.

Gillian

Tags
food

« Hello! | Hi »