Hi from Washington state!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rodentraiser

Head Chef
Hello everyone! I used to live on fast food and frozen food up until about 18 months ago.That was because I had ended up on food stamps and was very tired of running out of food every month, so I decided to learn how to cook. I haven't been doing at all bad, but now I want to learn to cook so I can start losing a little (all right, a LOT) of weight. I know that's not going to be easy, as I consider potatoes, cheese, and bacon as their own food groups.

I'm also following a food video blog which is incredibly helpful to me, but I can't always ask the questions I would like to ask. So I looked around and found you guys! I hope I don't bother anyone with all the questions I might have and I'm looking forward to talking with you all.

Kelly

Welcome to DC. I was just looking at some pictures from Hurricane Ridge. :) I was just up there about a year and a half ago. Please feel free to ask any questions! Also use the search feature. There are a lot of good people here.

Last edited:
Welcome to DC. This forum is full of fun and information. So if you have questions, we have answers.

I have recently lost more than 60 pounds. The first thing I did was to use a smaller plate. I started with a luncheon plate and then went down to a salad plate. You put less food on a smaller plate. I also used a smaller spoon to dish out the food. And about that potato. Try baking it instead of making it mashed. You will use less butter and milk.

Losing weight is all about portion control first! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom