I feel like I'm home again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
can one watch too many movies?

i think i just watched "dodgeball"...:rolleyes:

(ya know, i even looked up the word diaspora to be sure i was using it correctly. gimme a break. don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.)

Last edited:
See if you boys followed along we were talking about movies.. you said you saw Dodgeball i said better then my latest "bring it on" (latest movie)

Last edited:
i know being new is a little tricky, but wasabi ain't no boy. she's all goddess.
a hawaiian one, in fact.

if you took the time to meet and greet before yapping to your other unofficially non-associated close personal friends :rolleyes: , you might have known that.

ok, i'm being rude. i apologize.

but please heed gb's (site admin) request to keep private crap to pm's.

it sucks that you who search for freedom try to create it in someone's backyard, rather than join it, as a falling leaf joins an unfettered stream...

The hula skirt must of thrown her....or him off.
And thank you very much, bucky.

Sorry Wasabi... I tend to use the term "guys" etc when referring to a group of people....

wasnt meaning to offend :)

LOL and well the hula skirt meh ive seen my share of boys in a hula skirt to get to know over 1000 members in a month is a lot.. ive gotten to know alot of you all but havent made my way around to everyone.. Ive looked up alot of ppl when they talk on the threads i start

again, sorry if i was rude, but i get really bored by 5am. a little verbal jousting is always fun.

and you're welcome wasabi. just espeakin the truth...

ok, so what site was it again?...:cool:

If I were to tell you where we came from Buckytom ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The I'd have to shoot you :rolleyes:

We are aliens travelling the universe in our space ships looking for a friendly place to live, be warned, don't be afraid, others will follow :)

Well, personally I can see where BuckyTom is coming from - this really has been a huge influx of folks all familiar with each other. And it could very well look and/or feel like a group of malcontents moving onwards to take over yet another site.

But, honest to God, that is not the case! We are a bunch who have been lucky enuf to have met in person because of our passion for cooking. That is what brot us all together and that is what keeps us all together.

I love this site and I would never do anything to make established members feel uncomfortable - intentionally anyway. I just love to talk food, cook food, find new friends who feel the same.

In my case, I'm now retired and my husband is semi-retire and we chase around in our 5th wheel trailer wherever the problems of Roy's (husband) consulting take us. A lot of times these travels take us to the towns where we get to meet the folks we've talked to on the forums for so long. So, be careful, I could be coming to your town...soon!! (I hope so!) :)

Jean....you took the words outta my mouth!!:)

Yes, we are a great bunch of people who ADORE food and love to talk about it. We also love each other in the right kinda way and are happy to share our knowledge/ideas with you all. Please do not take a few personal comments/recognition out of context!!:) :)
I have seen/felt a camaraderie amongst long term members here that IMO, is to be expected.
We will prove to be an asset to this site because we happen to think it is wonderful. And that is not collectively, but individually. That is what we are after all, individuals.
And I am very happy to be part of DiscussCooking, regardless of where I may have been before.:chef:

This sort of reminds me of when the two highschools in my hometown merged into one. Rivalries and cliques formed at first because groups of people knew and were comfortable with each other, but soon everyone became familiar with each other and those walls came down.

I think some of the people who have been members here for a while are feeling a little left out of some conversations lately because a topic is started, but then turns into a conversation between just a few people about things that only they know about or can share in (people they know in common that others do not know, or things they have bought for each other etc.). We do often go off topic here if that is where the conversation goes AND the original question or comment in the thread has been addressed, but it must remain a conversation that does not exclude people.

We do have a private message system here and that is where those sorts of conversations should take place so that no one feels left out or confused about what is going on.

We love that we have had so many new members join as of late and the site has just gotten better since your arrival. It is obvious to me that you all love food and cooking and you fit in very well here. We welcome you all with open arms and before you know it we will all forget where each other came from and we will all be just one big happy family. This site went through something similar a few years ago when the FoodTV site shut down. Members are not longer former FoodTV members. They are DC members and I have no doubt that will happen again in time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom