Just Getting Started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LittleBud

Assistant Cook
Hi! I'm new to DC. I love cooking (and eating) and trying new foods. I'm a little rusty since I didn't do much cooking while working. Recipes, cooking tips and recommendations on kitchen gadgets and utensils are all welcome, especially time savers.

Welcome.

Cooking is like riding a bike. you can take a break for as long as you want and you might wobble a little when you first come back to it..but in no time you are back on track racing around like you never stopped.

my current favorite gadget...a threaded glass canning jar being used in place of my blender container. making smaller amounts, and seem to be getting better food-blade contact..and if i make a sauce in it, the sauce is already in a jar so i unscrew the blade and screw a lid on and stash it in the fridge

Welcome to DC! I agree with Josh - it definitely becomes a second nature :]

I recently took a course in Essential Knife Skills (which I've been posting on my blog) and have found those skills to be huge time-savers! I used to hate chopping my life away... but now, it seems like a breeze.

Enjoy your time here at DC! :]

I recently took a course in Essential Knife Skills (which I've been posting on my blog) and have found those skills to be huge time-savers! I used to hate chopping my life away... but now, it seems like a breeze.

oh man, chopping is where it's at!

prep work is my favorite part.
give me my knife and whatever needs to be done and i'll smile the whole time..granted that time never lasts long enough

I could really use some technique on chopping. Where did you find the Essential Knife Skills course? Thanks, I think this forum is going to be fun.

Hi! I'm new to DC. I love cooking (and eating) and trying new foods. I'm a little rusty since I didn't do much cooking while working. Recipes, cooking tips and recommendations on kitchen gadgets and utensils are all welcome, especially time savers.

Hi LittleBud. Welcome. My favorite kitchen gadget is my KitchenAid Stand mixer. I have had it for seven years, and use it almost every day. Not only that, but you can add attachments to it all the time and do even more!

Back
Top Bottom