"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 04-28-2006, 04:14 PM   #11
Sous Chef

htc - Thanks... and while I've seen some of your posts, am always looking for more recipes that are pioneer related. I don't want to hang a sign around your neck, but Oregon is a great place for early american recipes... :-; Thanks for the welcome. BTW, I love historic old cook books... most stuff may not be good to cook today, but they are certainly cool to read. Almost like being there until you realize they cooked things we would not consider food now :-)

Casper

Old 04-29-2006, 05:42 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Bienvenue, Caspar. We can always use another fine poster like you! Looking forward to hearing more from you as your schedule allows.

Old 04-29-2006, 03:46 PM   #13
Sous Chef

Smile

Mudbug - You of course would be on my long list of valuable contributors to this site... and thanks.

A couple of sites that are not new in my mind in scope.:

http://www.seedsofknowledge.com/recipes.html
http://www.cbel.com/european_recipes/ (European Links)

I have a bunch more... including historic ones.... but having a hard time doing a "quick" search in my links. I do have a link or two that are PDF type links where someone took the time to scan the old recipes. I also love to read the stuff related to recipes I personally would not make for myself... but love to read about.

PS> I wanted to find the specific link that was very old recipes... but did not have the time... Doing office work even on the week-end.

I will look for the PDF sites in my URLs, and you *will* like them given the list of ingredients, and how they are processed. I don't think anyone outside of the "truely" hillbilly community would even consider eating.

Anywho, the pioneer stuff is pretty cool. What to do with limited (what's available) stuff always was a fasination for me.

Casper

But you guys are in my thoughts...