Nice to meet you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeninga75

Sous Chef
Greetings!

I can't believe I have never found this forum before while looking for recipies. (that's how I found it but I'm suprised I didn't find it sooner)

Anywhoo... just wanted to say hi and say this is a great forum. Everyone seems very nice and polite (unlike some other forums I visit :dry: ) I've seen sooooo many recipies I want to try already! I'm kind of an amature as I only started cooking good food after getting hooked on the Food Network and realizing how I miss home cooking and delicious food. I always had home cooked meals as a kid and my mom taught me all she knows, so I do know how to make quite a few things. But living alone and going to school full time, most of my meals come in a paper bag or begin frozen and end up half eaten in the trash. :( I try to make something good at least once a week and I love to experiment with the (lack of) ingredients I have lol.

So... looking foward to browsing the forums and trying some great sounding recipies, especially seafood and steaks. :clap:

Oh ya... need some tasty veggie dishes as this is the one thing I seem to be having trouble with. Just can't fix something good, and I need to eat more lol. So, heading that way now!

Hi jeni,
Welcome to Discuss Cooking..We have a pretty good veggie topic going here..If after looking through it you haven't found anything of great interest, just post a question and you're sure to get answers..
kadesma:)

Hi, jen. Welcome to DC. Love the doggie in your avatar. Is that your "baby?"

There's lots to be found here and, you're right, this is a very friendly site. Take a few minutes and check out all our tasty forums. You'll be lickin' your chops when you're done. We're glad you've found us.

Katie E said:
Hi, jen. Welcome to DC. Love the doggie in your avatar. Is that your "baby?"

Thank you all!

She is. :) I got "rescued" her from a backyard breeder. Saw her in the paper and went to go check the litter out. She and her brother were left. When I saw them and how mom was chained under a porch I was disgusted. When I knelt down she slowly came to me and put her head on my knee. It was all over after that... I tried to get her brother too but the woman said there was a deposit on him. 2 weeks later the woman was on the news for being shut down, I was so happy. A couple months later my relationship I was in ended badly and she helped me through it by concentrating on training and playing with her. So in return, she rescued me. I think animals have a special ability to heal. She just turned 6 (Akitas live for about 8-10 years). Donno what I''l do without her :( Anyway, here's a better picture.

img_470284_0_dc8b39e0bbc6dec18f4459ba6c98266b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom