Oops, New but Short

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daBee

Assistant Cook
Well, I came in here to discuss foods and my location, and I'm starting a food website I wanted to put in my signature, but apparently I'm not allowed to, according to the Terms.

Oh well. So much for that.

Cheers

Well, I came in here to discuss foods and my location, and I'm starting a food website I wanted to put in my signature, but apparently I'm not allowed to, according to the Terms.

Oh well. So much for that.

Cheers

Welcome. I hope you will participate in the discussions here, and not just promote your website.

CD

Hard up for time. Starting a food company. Hah.

I'm a Master Brewer, biochemist/microbiologist. Natural for me to continue in the food biz.

Don't give up!

I am a Fair Brewer and Micro biologist.

What do you think of eating Raw Oysters?

and this whole Pro biotics trend?

Eric, Austin Tx.

Hah. Well done. Eating raw oysters? Been doing it my whole life. Dove for them in Mexico, ate them on the beach. Lovely stuff.

Probiotics, not so much. Your natural flora is 'domestic' and you can indeed feed them. Introducing other strains can run you seriously ill, like my buddy found out a month ago. Dehydrated, he was in some serious danger. You know the lower tract is not ever going to be void of natural micro, so you just have to nurture it. Shoving other bugs down there, you're relying on someone else's micro technique, and you don't know the bugs you're going to get.

All in all, I'm not a believer that you can deliver bugs down there, because that's what the extremes of the gut are for, to eradicate new bugs.

Hah. Well done. Eating raw oysters? Been doing it my whole life. Dove for them in Mexico, ate them on the beach. Lovely stuff.

Probiotics, not so much. Your natural flora is 'domestic' and you can indeed feed them. Introducing other strains can run you seriously ill, like my buddy found out a month ago. Dehydrated, he was in some serious danger. You know the lower tract is not ever going to be void of natural micro, so you just have to nurture it. Shoving other bugs down there, you're relying on someone else's micro technique, and you don't know the bugs you're going to get.

All in all, I'm not a believer that you can deliver bugs down there, because that's what the extremes of the gut are for, to eradicate new bugs.

I agree 100% with your assessment of probiotics...well said.

Back
Top Bottom