Sonoma Wine County cooking is in the house !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome Marie!!! Sonoma Wine Country...............I wish I was there! I heard Viansa has changed hands - will it survive the change? i.e., quality still be there? I understand it happened a little while ago - we belong to their wine club and thoroughly enjoy the quality of their wines.

Looking forward to those recipes - I have a new ink cartridge and paper ready to go!!!!!!! If you have any trouble navigating the site just hollar and someone will help.

Welcome Maria from an old resident of Healdsburg!! Lived for 7 years in the midst of all that wonderful fresh foods...not to mention alll those wineries in our backyard!!

I'll start out with an old, old family favorite from Healdsburg days.

CLAM AND CORN CHOWDER

2 16 oz. can cream style corn
Salt & pepper
2-3 shakes Tabasco sauce
1/2 c heavy cream
2 6 1/2 oz. can chopped clams, drained
Heat the corn, salt & pepper and tabasco just to boiling.
Add the cream and clams - just heat through.

How easy is that??? Nowadays, I'd probably grill up some fresh corn, cut off the cobs and use this for the soup!! YUM!

Thank You !

I am so flattered that so many of you welcomed me so warmly.:blush: I feel like I have just joined this "elite" club !

My thinking is growing up and now still living here and raising my family in the most beautiful place on earth I think it is important that our children remember and learn to cook all those tradional, passed down family foods we all grew up with. I know, here in Sonoma we had a trend going were the reciepes have been tweeked so much that the trational formulation had been melded into the dish. I would like to teach my 2 sons and their friends how to cook like grandma and auntie used to ! They are going to learn to cook the new stuff anyway, right ? Its like speaking your language at home and the children will learn english at school kind of thinking..... My 3rd and eldest son who is 29 very sucessful was born and raised in Marin still cooks the "tradional foods" for his fiance but still cooks all his "healthy food" as he phrases it !:wacko: majority of the time.

For those of you from here, Michael C just opend a new kitchen boutique in Berkeley called "Napa Living". It has ALL this wonderful kitchen ware from all over mostly Italy and oh, check this out he has a salt bar.... yep ! very cool.and yummy...:ROFLMAO: There is just some of the most neatest stuff there.

Well, time to say sei la vi. I will post real soon some of mine and my husbands family recipes. (American, French and Afghan):LOL:

Back
Top Bottom