Trying to lose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brady

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone,

I just joined these forums today in an attempt to find some good diets,recipes, and support as I continue (try :glare:) to lose weight. I am 16 years old and used to way 206 pounds, but have managed to make it down to 187! That was before Christmas break and while tennis was still in full motion :(

Well I gained 4 pounds over the break and my main goal is to get down to 150 and stay there if possible. I like playing tennis A LOT, but running is the most boring activity in the world to me so jogging daily doesn't really keepmy attention (unfortunately). So I came here to try to get back on a healthy diet and to continue losing by eating right.

Thanks for all your support and good luck!
Brady

Welcome, Brady!! I'm so glad to see you here. I have a 16 year old son, too. I'm seriously impressed with your weight loss so far - good for you! You've made a lot of progress. Don't beat yourself up about gaining the 4 pounds over the holidays - it happens to everyone. But here you are getting back on track!! People here are very friendly and helpful and there are a lot of us trying to lose weight, too. So jump in and let us know what you need.
Terry

Thanks for the welcome!

I can already tell that everyone here is supportive and helpful by the few posts I have glanced at. At the moment, I'm searching for a " 1 week plan" if you'd like to call it that where I can plan out my meals ahead of time. I have noticed that I do better when I know what I'm going to eat and don't tempt myself.

Anyways, thanks for the response

Brady, Congrats on the weight loss and kudos to you for wanting to get healthy. This has been a great tool for me staying on track with my health as well. Welcome!!

Hey Brady - congrats on the weight loss. I think running is boring too - you're not alone. I've recently learnt that pumping my ipod as loud as possible and just going for a walk is the best way to get out there and clear my head.

If you lived close by i'd definitely take you on in a game of tennis ^_^

FYI you may be interested in this thread:
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f12/is-it-alright-to-be-hungry-53482.html

Congrats on the weight loss and welcome to DC. I am perpetualy in weight loss mode, though I make little progress.

Welcome to the forums!

A word of warning, we have a healthy eating section, but overall this is not a "diet" forum. You will find many recipes that are part of a balanced meal, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are low cal., low fat, low carb., etc. Just be mindful of what you are eating, and enjoy the forums!

Great job on losing weight so far! It sounds like you've figured out the first step....determination.

I've been watching my calorie intake and exercising on a regular basis. It's a slow start in the beginning, but you gradually see a difference. When I first saw a change it made me want to exercise even harder. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f12/create-your-own-workout-53251.html

Our situations are apples and oranges, mine is more toning and mainly cardio (quit smoking) but both require alot of time and focus.

Thanks everyone. Haha and if I lived anywhere near Australlia we'd have a match, but unfortunately I don't.

And yes, after much exploring I have realized theres a diet section. My only problem with walking is it seems that after I tried it for a month I made little progress which was frustrating, but hey maybe I'll give it another shot

My only problem with walking is it seems that after I tried it for a month I made little progress which was frustrating, but hey maybe I'll give it another shot
Walking is great, but I agree that it can get boring. Can you turn it into a job by being a dog walker at the same time? Do you know anyone who would like to partner with you in walking? (It's always less boring if you have a friend to walk with.) Is there an indoor pool anywhere near you? That is great exercise and it breaks things up a little if you could do that once or twice a week instead of walking. Finally, have you ever played DDR? That is killer exercise and not nearly as boring.

As far as your food plan, one hint is to make yourself snacks ahead of time - cut up fresh fruit, have grilled chicken and salad fixings ready to go in the fridge, healthy things that you have already done the prep work for so that you can satisfy sudden cravings without blowing your whole meal plan for the day.:)

Well the only problem with that is there isn't really anyone that would walk or exercise with me on a daily basis, so as I have heard ddr might be a nice alternative. This would be especially good as I have exams and SAT's =( coming up; it's hard to find time to do other things but study and of course, go to school

That hint is one that I plan on doing once I can figure out a nice weekly meal plan. thanks

Back
Top Bottom