Rach Rays Chilli

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spaZDaisE04

Assistant Cook
Hey everyone. . i posted a post about grill seasoning and i did make the recipie that had the grill seasoning in it. It was awesome!!! Once it hit your pallettee it was sweet and then when you swallowed you can taste the heat of the spices. ummm i Totally recommend it :)

Indian Summer Turkey Chili
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
2 1/2 pounds ground turkey (85 percent lean) or ground turkey breast (99 percent lean), 2 packages
4 tablespoons dark chili powder, 2 palm fulls
2 tablespoons grill seasoning blend, any brand, 1 palm full
1 tablespoon cumin, 1/2 palm full
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 to 3 tablespoons hot sauce, medium to extra-spicy
1 large onion, quartered
2 large peppers, any color combination, red, green, purple, yellow or orange, chopped
1/2 bottle beer (the alcohol cooks out), about 1 cup
1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
1/2 cup smoky barbecue sauce
2 cups corn kernels, optional

Heat a pot over medium to medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, 3 turns of the pan, and the turkey meat. Season the meat with: chili powder, grill seasoning, cumin, Worcestershire and hot sauce. Break up the meat with the back of a wooden spoon into small crumbles.
Chop the onion, reserving 1/4 of it for topping the chili. Brown meat 5 minutes, then add onions and chopped bell peppers and cook 10 minutes more. Add beer and deglaze the pan, scraping up the drippings and cooking off the alcohol. Add tomato sauce and barbecue sauce and bring to a bubble. It using corn kernels add them now. Let chili simmer 10 minutes. Adjust seasonings and heat level to your taste. Remove from heat and serve.

I've heard of this, but never tried it...

Seems that the meat might be a bit dry...would it change if you used dark meat cuts, or range fed birds?

The other ingredients seem very nicely balanced, and indeed "correct", like using corn with turkey...

Believe I will be coming back to give this a try!

Lifter

I actually replaced chicken for the turkey and i still came out good. i didnt use the because we did not have any a the time but it still came out really good. if you like spicey foods this is an awesome recipe :) i hope you enjoy

Back
Top Bottom