A very simple and good appetizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cave76

Washing Up
Room softened butter
Blue cheese

Equal (or close) amounts.

Dip tortilla chips in it.

Enjoy.

(I first had this at a Mexican restaurant--- little dish with the dip in it and tortilla chips. When I found out what was in it I was surprised---- because of how simple it was and because it was being served at a Mexican restaurant.)

This sounds heavenly (and I could just kick myself for thinking that I didn't like bleu cheese all those years!!!)

When I lived in Quebec City, one of my roommates would mix blue cheese and cream cheese together. It was wonderful on a fresh baguette.

alo friends apetizer anyone know the recipe for the diet but still tasty and good, please tell to me ....:chef:

w.png

Anton. I love tatziki with veggie dippers for a healthy snack attack. I buy my tatziki from Costco but the internet has ton's of recipes for the do it yourselfer. Beware, only use greek yogurt. The other kind is too thin for this application.

I wanted to offer another quick and easy appetizer that you all might enjoy. One block of cream cheese. Covered with pesto. Done. Dip tortilla chips and/or spread on sliced baquette and prepare to swoon.

Cave76, I've never thought of mixing bleu cheese with cream cheese! What a wondeful idea.

Last edited:
Anton. I love tatziki with veggie dippers for a healthy snack attack. I buy my tatziki from Costco but the internet has ton's of recipes for the do it yourselfer. Beware, only use greek yogurt. The other kind is too thin for this application.

I wanted to offer another quick and easy appetizer that you all might enjoy. One block of cream cheese. Covered with pesto. Done. Dip tortilla chips and/or spread on sliced baquette and prepare to swoon.

Cave76, I've never thought of mixing bleu cheese with cream cheese! What a wondeful idea.
Tzatziki works fine with regular yogourt, as long as you hang it to drain first.

It was CWS who suggested blue cheese and cream cheese.

Room softened butter
Blue cheese

Equal (or close) amounts.

Dip tortilla chips in it.

Enjoy.

(I first had this at a Mexican restaurant--- little dish with the dip in it and tortilla chips. When I found out what was in it I was surprised---- because of how simple it was and because it was being served at a Mexican restaurant.)

I wonder if you could mix the blue cheese with something like Smart Balance spread to make it a little healthier? It would be the same texture as soft butter.

I wonder if you could mix the blue cheese with something like Smart Balance spread to make it a little healthier? It would be the same texture as soft butter.

I guess you could, if you consider Smart Balance healthier.

Well, yes, I do consider Smart Balance healthier than butter for me.
Really?
Butter = milk

Low fat spreads = trans fats, chemicals (flavourings, colourings,
thickening agents, preservatives, emulsifiers), a
large proportion of water. They may have less fat than butter but the fats they do contain have more "bad"
cholesterol. Plus they are often more expensive than
butter (and you are paying through the nose for all that
that water.

No contest. I'm with Cave on this one.

Really?
Butter = milk

Low fat spreads = trans fats, chemicals (flavourings, colourings,
thickening agents, preservatives, emulsifiers), a
large proportion of water. They may have less fat than butter but the fats they do contain have more "bad"
cholesterol.
Plus they are often more expensive than
butter (and you are paying through the nose for all that
that water.

No contest. I'm with Cave on this one.

Margarine contains trans fats and are the bad fats. Smart Balance has no trans fat, very little sat fat, but more mono fats and polyunsaturated fats which are the good fats that we all need. I think it tastes great. I will grant you it has the other things you mentioned, but I am making the choice to eliminate as much sat fat from my diet as I can. My arteries, choice.

I once saw someone take a square of cream cheese and pour A1 sauce over it. It was served as a dip.
It was for sure easy and tasted okay.

Back
Top Bottom