ISO appetizers for prime rib dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jpmcgrew said:
:) Mish,the stuffed mushrooms are another great idea.Delicious but not too filling and a great lead to prime rib.
I could also do what my brother taught me and very very delicious. You take mushrooms and cook them in butter. While cooking you add spices like paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. When there done cooking you add some "half and half" or something similiar AND "kikomans" terriki baste and glaze. You let it cook another minute or two.

Serve with toothpicks. There to dieee for. My friends beg for me to make them when they come over for luncheons

Last edited:
For something a little fancy you could make a small smoked salmon rose, surround it with thinly slliced cukes, toss on some capers, toss on some thinly julienned carrots and maybe some zucchini and top with a nice white salad dressing. Your choice. Think bottled would do just fine.

Just an idea.

mish said:
I luvvv stuffed shrooms. Give me a couple of stuffed mushrooms, smoked oysters on wheat thins, assorted cheeses, grapes, chocolate dipped figs (dark and white choc), a blind date :LOL: (a date stuffed with an almond), and champagne, & there's dinner.

I knew what you meant by the frigos(?) - puddles of shredded parm on a baking sheet, bake till melted & while warm enough to handle, wrap the end around a wooden spoon to make a horn shape. They're pretty on top of a salad or (tomato) soup too.

I've been saving this dainty-sounding appy for a special occasion. It may not be too filling because they're small - like little flowers.

Prociutto Cups

Prosciutto Cups - Allrecipes
Mish,
made a copy..Looks so good..I'm thinking we will give this a try on sunday..Thanks so much for a wonderful new idea..
Will let you know the results..
kadesma;)

How about whatever drinks your serving and some mixed nuts? My friends from France say that's the way they do it over there. They were amazed at how much food we put out before a meal.

Wow thanks for all the ideas. I made a small veggie platter consisting of cut up red pepper, baby carrots and pumpernickle bread. I also made a homemade veggie dip to go with it. oh and also my marinated mushrooms.

Back
Top Bottom