Mushroom Yummies TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Easy to make and then put in the freezer pull them out brush with melted butter and bake, So nice when company drops in to visit.
Pre heat oven to 4oo. Saute 1 lb. finely chopped mushroom, in 1/2 c. butter for 5 min. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add 6 Tab. flour and blend well then add 1-1/2 tea. salt. Stir in cream and cook stirring constantly til thick. Add 2 tea. fresh lemon juice and onion powder about 1 tea. now cool. Remove the crusts from 1-1////2 loaves sliced white bread and roll the bread thin with a rolling pin. put some of your mushroom mixture on the bread and roll up. Place seam side down on baking sheet. Place sheet in freezer for at least 10 min. Cut rolls into 3 pieces brush with melted butter and bake 15-20 min. These taste great with drinks or even beer or ice tea.
Enjoy
kadesma

Easy to make and then put in the freezer pull them out brush with melted butter and bake, So nice when company drops in to visit.
Pre heat oven to 4oo. Saute 1 lb. finely chopped mushroom, in 1/2 c. butter for 5 min. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add 6 Tab. flour and blend well then add 1-1/2 tea. salt. Stir in cream and cook stirring constantly til thick. Add 2 tea. fresh lemon juice and onion powder about 1 tea. now cool. Remove the crusts from 1-1////2 loaves sliced white bread and roll the bread thin with a rolling pin. put some of your mushroom mixture on the bread and roll up. Place seam side down on baking sheet. Place sheet in freezer for at least 10 min. Cut rolls into 3 pieces brush with melted butter and bake 15-20 min. These taste great with drinks or even beer or ice tea.
Enjoy
kadesma

I wasn't hungry! Now I am!:pig:

It sounds really simple for party food or something but could you use very tiny diced onion instead of onion powder?

It sounds really simple for party food or something but could you use very tiny diced onion instead of onion powder?
Sadie,
I've used very finely chopped onion you can even grate it.Onion powder is ok but I prefer the real thing.
kadesma:)

Enjoy
kadesma

Yum Mo...I love mushrooms and this sounds great! Can't wait to try them!

Thanks!

PF--where did you get the morels? I am SOOOOO jealous.

Our co-worker who does the data entry is Hmong and her family goes out and finds them every year. We should have fresh later this month they tell me. They also sell at the Farmer's market and I can give my order for whatever and she'll bring it to me...but I like the market, maybe if I miss going.

(I'll be making Morel and Asparagus Risotto)

Oh, kades, these smell absolutely divine! I can't wait for this weekend.:angel:
What are you planning to make a risso? Yummy, yummy
Morels are possible to get here but so darn expensive. But I'm one of those who buys what I want hang the cost:LOL:
kades

What are you planning to make a risso? Yummy, yummy
Morels are possible to get here but so darn expensive. But I'm one of those who buys what I want hang the cost:LOL:
kades

Yes Morel, Asparagus and Roasted Red Pepper Risotto. I forgot to get some fresh Parmesan. Will pick it up on my way back from the Farmer's market.

I also want to get some young potatoes tomorrow to make a tortilla.:pig:

Back
Top Bottom