Now comes the hard part.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
I have been wanting to make some pickle eggs for eons. So last night my son ate his last sour pickle from the gallon jug and brought the clean jug to me. I have six eggs sitting in the brine right now. Now comes the hard part. According to the recipe I have to wait seven days for the eggs to get pickled.

I think I need to get pickled. :angel:

Nah, you can get pickled if you want, but three days is long enough for the eggs. I did some with Pepperoncini pepper brine and they turned out great too.

If you enjoy a little spice try pickling a package of Lil' Smokeis in your hot pepper brine for 2 or 3 days. You can also add a tablespoon of hot pepper flakes to a standard pickle brine. Nice for a tailgate party.

Remember those jars of pickled kielbasa on the back bar next to the pickled eggs, same idea! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

If you enjoy a little spice try pickling a package of Lil' Smokeis in your hot pepper brine for 2 or 3 days. You can also add a tablespoon of hot pepper flakes to a standard pickle brine. Nice for a tailgate party.

Remember those jars of pickled kielbasa on the back bar next to the pickled eggs, same idea! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

This sounds intriguing! Thanks AB!

I was reading a recipe for pickled eggs the other day. It gave a general recipe for the spices. One thing that stood out was that when you place the eggs into the jar crack them before you add the pickling ingredients.Have no idea why. They should be ready in 2 days.

I was reading a recipe for pickled eggs the other day. It gave a general recipe for the spices. One thing that stood out was that when you place the eggs into the jar crack them before you add the pickling ingredients.Have no idea why. They should be ready in 2 days.

I always peel the boiled eggs before I put them into the jar.

Thanks. Three days it is. I love pickled eggs.I only made six. I had eight eggs on hand. Wanted to save tw in case I might need them. When I shop on the 4th of March I will stock up on more eggs. :angel:

I tried once to use the brine a second time for more eggs, and it doesn't work. It's a one time shot and then the brine is history as all the flavor has been used up.

I love the idea of the Lil Smokies Bea, and I'll try it soon!

Last edited:
I tried once to use the brine a second time for more eggs, and it doesn't work. It's a one time shot and then the brine is history as all the flavor has been used up.

I love the idea of the Lil Smokies Bea, and I'll try it soon!

Thanks Kay. I was wondering about that. I was considering making more before I eat the last one and just adding them to the present brine. Now I know. Don't. Make a fresh brine. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom