Practically Fat Free Gravy Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerplantop

Executive Chef
1 Cup Chicken Broth
¼ cup browned flour
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
3 drops Worcestershire Sauce
Pepper to taste

To brown flour cover a cooking sheet with foil and spread a thin layer of flour. Cook at 350 F for one hour stiring every 15 to 20 minutes. You can make extra and stor in an air tight container.

Put all ingrediants in a pan wisk until well blended and heat to a boil. Stiring occasionally until it boils. Turn the heat down to low and tatse. Adjust seasoning stir and turn off heat.

Practically Fat Free Gravy Recipe - YouTube

LOL! Same question...Have you made cooked the flour longer to make it darker?

I really like this, our Thanksgiving is being quite streamlined this year.

LOL! Same question...Have you made cooked the flour longer to make it darker?

I really like this, our Thanksgiving is being quite streamlined this year.

Not yet but do plan to. This is a good time of the year for gumbo.

Best part you can brown the flour a few days before.

What a cool idea. This would make a great "everyday" gravy. Heck, even adding browned flour to drippings would be a nice addition, the browned flour could be a useful pantry addition.

Now this has me thinking, browned Wondra flour....

What a cool idea. This would make a great "everyday" gravy. Heck, even adding browned flour to drippings would be a nice addition, the browned flour could be a useful pantry addition.

Now this has me thinking, browned Wondra flour....

When I was diging thru my cabinets this moring I saw the Wondra flour and thought the same thing.

Ans yes browned flour is a great pantry item. I still use it with some fat to reduce the calorie count and it works great.

Darn good idea...makes me not so sad about missing some of my favorite things because of fat content. Thanks!

For Thanksgiving, I usually make a medium dark roux ahead of time for the gravy and keep it in the fridge until gravy making time approaches.

Actually, keeping a quantity of pre-made roux in the fridge is a good idea, especially in the cold weather months.

For Thanksgiving, I usually make a medium dark roux ahead of time for the gravy and keep it in the fridge until gravy making time approaches.

Actually, keeping a quantity of pre-made roux in the fridge is a good idea, especially in the cold weather months.
I always have pre-made roux in the fridge. I usually have some roux made with chicken fat and some made with beef fat. Tip from Julia Child: It lasts for months in the fridge.

I always have pre-made roux in the fridge. I usually have some roux made with chicken fat and some made with beef fat. Tip from Julia Child: It lasts for months in the fridge.

If your going to make some make a big batch. Same amount of work. Were I live we can buy it in jar. I have not tried it but lots of folks swear by it.

Back
Top Bottom