REC:Gorgonzola sauce..to the rescue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I had a friend drop in on me today,in a panic...Her hubby was making filets for dinner, informed her that he'd asked over the pastor and his wife and the meat needed a "sauce"..YUP, Well given that we had only a short time to get everything ready..I tore into my cookbooks and we chose Ina's gorgonzola sauce..Let me tell you I crossed my finger looked up and begged for help:) I had my doubts, but, here is the recipe...
Gorgonzola sauce:
4-cups heavy cream
3-4 oz. crumbly Gorgonzola (not creamy or dolce) 3-Tab. freshly grated parmesan
3/4 tea. kosher salt
3/4 tea. fresh ground black pepper
3 Tab. minced fresh parsley
Bring heavy cream to a full boil in med. saucepan over med-high heat, then continue to boil rapidly for 45-50 min til thickened, like a white sauce, stir occasionally.
Remove pan from heat and add the Gorgonzola,parmesan,salt,pepper and parsley. Whisk rapidly til cheeses melt, and then serve...If you must reheat, warm the sauce over low heat til melted, then whisk vigorously til sauce comes together... You can use horseradish or mustard instead of the Gorgonzola if you prefer...
I was surprised just how good the sauce was, I thought sure it would curdle or burn...Nope..It was really smooth and tasty...Dear friend went home smiling and holding onto the sauce pan for dear life...Ahhhh...now to relax...ooops gotta check my clam chowder:)
kadesma...Hope you enjoy if you try this recipe

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom