ISO Corky's dry rub recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Andy...

If it is a two burner, turn one side on, and leave the other side off. place your meat over the "off' side. With some fine tuning of settings etc you should be able to produce some good Q. Use a tin foil packet with wood chips over the "on' side for smoke. Sorry I can't give more specific ideas. I don't use the gas models. Surely someone here does!

Enjoy

Andy, I have both of Cameron's stovetop smokers - large one and small one. Been using them for years with 100% success. Can even smoke things as large as a 12-pound turkey in the bigger one. Instructions come with it to show you how to use it without the slide-on lid. Never had a "smoke" problem in the house either.

I've been able to nearly duplicate the best barbecue found around here using the stovetop smoker. Now I just have to work on my sauce. Gettin' close there, too.

Uncle Bob:

Thanks for the idea but I've tried every version of that. With only one of the two burners on the lowest setting, I can't get the temperature below 350F. I've tried propping the lid open at different heights and it just is not reliable at all.

Andy..

Wow that is one hot grill! I imagine you can cook some fantastic steaks if you crank it up! I wonder if your thermometer is lying to ya! Ah well maybe the Cameron is an option.

I've tested the grill thermometer with my digital probe thermometer and it's fairly accurate.

Back
Top Bottom