Air Fryer help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Things to consider before buying an air fryer

Before buying an air fryer, you need to have your budget in mind because there are many air fryers available in the market. Then you have to consider technology, capacity, temperature and timer control and cleanability.

If you have unlimited budget, I would recommend Philips Airfryer because it has a patented technology to cook foods evenly and quickly.

hamburger

I just bought a Philips air fryer so far so good, but would like to know if anyone cooked hamburger in one yet, I would like a few tips, I seem to getting too much smoke, any help is appreciated thanks, Rocky:

I just bought a Philips air fryer so far so good, but would like to know if anyone cooked hamburger in one yet, I would like a few tips, I seem to getting too much smoke, any help is appreciated thanks, Rocky:

We don't own an air fryer and for the little deep frying we do, it would not be worth the expenditure. I would never cook burgers in one as flavor is very important. I would suspect the the amount of smoke you are getting is due to the fat content in the ground beef. If you are using 80/20 try switching to 90/10.

Hi. You have joined the Discuss Cooking forum and responded to a thread about the air fryer. I'm not sure how many people here have one, but this forum is not dedicated to that one topic. You will need to look for another forum elsewhere if that's what you want. I don't have an air fryer, so I can't recommend one.

Are you like this all the time?

I haven't got one but I'll shove my oar in anyway. It occurs to me that there might be considerations beyond just the efficiency of the machine

Would you use it several times a week? If so you'll need to have space on your kitchen surfaces to keep it out all the time - If you have to get it out and put it away every time you use it it may become a pain in the neck and you'll stop using it.

If you only want to use it occasionally do you want to waste the cupboard space or have it cluttering up your work surface?

I think it quite relevant that a number of people who have one have said that after the novelty wore off they consigned it to the basement.

I was a bit of a kitchen utensil junkie (in all senses of the word ;)) and until I decided to get a grip on my self I had clutter all over the place. I now work on William Morris's advice "Have nothing in your home (ie kitchen)that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." It's surprising how adherance to this principle keeps the kitchen tidy.

It might be better to cook a hamburger in a frying pan with no oil rather than cook it in an oven.

I have an air fryer and use it every day, it lives on the kitchen counter. I do cook hamburgers in it and they taste great, as long as you don't smash the juice out of them with the spatula while cooking, they come out extra juicy. When I want to make something with crumbled hamburger, I make hamburgers in the fryer, and when cool enough, I crumble them.

You have to clean the fryer basket after you cook something, but if you fried it on the stove, you would have to clean the skillet plus the grease spatters on the stove. No spatters with the air fryer, and it's pretty easy to clean.

I make a lot of breaded fish fillets in the fryer, also breaded chicken patties, hash rounds and tater tots. This is one of the best small appliances I have owned. I purchased mine at WallyWorld, Farberware brand. For a very short time they had a special for 39 bucks, that price was too amazing to pass up. It is small, the basket is only about 7 inches in diameter, and this size is best for one person, but air fryers cook fast, so making two batches isn't that big a chore, there are 2 of us. For the price, I sure can't complain. When this thing bites the dust, I will be buying the next size up, hopefully it will come with a couple of accessories as this fryer has none.

You can fry chicken, pork chops, just about anything you can fry in a skillet, and you can also make the food as brown as you want.

Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to answer this question.

If you get smoke, the temperature is probably too high. I cook burgers at 320 degrees, and turn it over once or twice during cook time. I use the lower heat for things like burgers that start out raw and have to be cooked well on the inside before the outside starts to brown. Hope this helps.

I just tried my air fryer for the first time with chicken wings. They came out fairly crisp but I stuck them in on broil for good measure afterwards. I may have overcrowded it a tad. I'm not sure how much difference there would have been had I baked them and then broiled in the oven!

Back
Top Bottom