Coffee Urn help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dvmyers

Assistant Cook
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a non-aluminum 100 cup coffee urn?

I think most coffee urms in the 100-cup size are going to be aluminum due to the thermal conductive properties .... takes less heat on the bottom to keep the temp up on the sides of the pot ... thus less scorching of the coffee at the bottom. Why anti-aluminum?

Like Audeao said - there are also Stainless Steel ones ... and if you have the extra $$$ there are also silver ones.

Thanks, Michael. I would never have thought of that and appreciate the info.

Aren't all those gigantic coffee urns in restaurants made out of stainless steel?

The outside of most commercial coffee brewers are stainless steel, but I wouldn't be surprised if the container for the liquid is Aluminum.

Aluminum, for over 10 years now, has been thought to lead to Alzheimer's.

One thing I've noticed is that restaurants are starting to move to a pre-brewed, super-concentrated, liquid coffee that is mixed with hot water when it's dispensed. Think "soda fountain" only "hot coffee", and you'll get the idea.

Faberware has a 90 cup stainless steel urn. Looks like something you'd put out on a buffet table.

Model #: FABL990C Lists for $370, but usually sold for a lot less.

If you're looking for a pour over type of urn, then look for Cecilware. They make a line of all stainless steel urns. These are the kinds of coffee makers you find in places like McDonald's and big restaurants, especially cafeterias.

Regal Ware also makes a line of stainless steel commercial percolators. Costs about $200. They mostly make cheap aluminum models, but they also have stainless.

If you're looking for an urn that only dispenses coffee, then try searching for "Hotel Style Coffee Urns." You'll get a bunch of returns.

Wow! I just checked thinking I would have no replies and found so many. You guys are wonderful. I am going to check out all of your tips. There are definitely stainless urns out there, but not many that make a hundred cups. Thanks so much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom