Cooking with hot air...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
suzi - I just thought of something and had to come back to this thread.........why did none of say "just invite Buckytom to dinner"? :LOL:

You cannot fry food without oil. By definition, "frying" is cooking food in oil.

fry
v. To cook food in hot fat over moderate to high heat. [SIZE=-1]DEEP-FRIED[/SIZE] food is submerged in hot, liquid fat. Frying (also called pan frying ) or [SIZE=-1]SAUTÉING[/SIZE] refers to cooking food in a lesser amount of fat, which doesn't cover the food. There is little difference in these two terms, though sautéing is often thought of as using less fat and being the faster of the two methods.

You can cook food using hot air in an oven, you do not need a skillet.

suzi - I just thought of something and had to come back to this thread.........why did none of say "just invite Buckytom to dinner"? :LOL:

:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Geez or dinner with the both of 'em????
Sorry BuckyTom, you agree with him too much.
(and his name is also Tom.....)

ChefJune is so right - I cannot imagine making crispy "fried" chicken with steam, no matter how hot it is. In order to get that toothsome, crunchy exterior, you gotta have some fat of some kind, even if it is just the available fat in the chicken (which would no longer be available if it is coated with flour.) Sounds too good to be true, like many/most of the TV infomercial products.

Lol @ Jennyema. When I read this I also though, yes, you can do this in an oven already.

I don't think steam would be involved as that is wet and would not make anything crispy.

You cannot fry food without oil. By definition, "frying" is cooking food in oil.

fry
v. To cook food in hot fat over moderate to high heat. [SIZE=-1]DEEP-FRIED[/SIZE] food is submerged in hot, liquid fat. Frying (also called pan frying ) or [SIZE=-1]SAUTÉING[/SIZE] refers to cooking food in a lesser amount of fat, which doesn't cover the food. There is little difference in these two terms, though sautéing is often thought of as using less fat and being the faster of the two methods.

You can cook food using hot air in an oven, you do not need a skillet.

The term Salton uses for the George Jr. Rotisserie is Guilt-Free, which means that French fries are baked using the cylinder-shaped basket.

The trick there is to use a light coating of a flavored cooking spray such as garlic or butter flavor, which helps the fries take on a "deep-fried" look.

But you're right, French fries are not fried or deep-fried without the use of oil.

kingofmemphis said:
I looked at that product and it isn't that either...its only a one piece skillet that has a lid so i guess it would be two pieces. The skillet itself has some built in device that when placed on the stove the device circulates how air that somehow infuses and cooks your food. ...

Would you believe - I think I have found the only ONE in the world for sale based on your description!

64122559_full.jpg

I found this on a New Zealand equivalent of eBay - here. You might be able to contact the seller and buy it thru that site.

Is this what you were looking for???

I've seen that type of pan before somewhere. I think it may have had a series of infomercials back when i used to watch TV. IIRC, you were supposed to put water into that thingy in the middle. I always wondered how you'd go about cleaning the inside of the thingy.

I've seen that type of pan before somewhere. I think it may have had a series of infomercials back when i used to watch TV. IIRC, you were supposed to put water into that thingy in the middle. I always wondered how you'd go about cleaning the inside of the thingy.

Yeah, Russ - If I Rember Correctly (IIRC) - I wondered about that, too. Not the "how to clean it" - my question was about if you add water to it - isn't that really steaming???

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out how many years it has been since I saw these advetised on TV ... I'm guessing 20 years or more.

Yep, it sounds a lot like steaming to me. Same as the "frying" of that other TV pan.

I have no idea just how long ago it was on TV, though it's been at least 15 years since I last watched regularly.

non stick frying pan

That actually looks like it...WOW...thanks..i'm gonna try to talk to the seller and get some more info on the contraption...I have to admit, its been some years since i've seen that advertised on tv, makes me feel old and i'm only 30. LOL...thanks everyone for your help and suggestions, its greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom