"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Appliances

Old 07-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
Certified Cake Maniac

I got my new Griddler!

I have been wanting a Cuisinart Griddler ever since they first came out. I love paninis, and grilled meat 365 days a year. Our George Foreman Grill was big, hard to clean and we didn't really liked the way it cooked ALL the fat and flavour out of food.

Well, our grocery store has a points system where you can save up for items. My best friend has two growing sons and a husband who are all big eaters and she racks up the points like crazy. It is amazing all the stuff she has. But I don't buy as much for us here at home and when I cater I buy from Costco and wholesalers so my point build slower. By the time we were close to getting the points for the grill they raised the amount needed by about 20,000! I relented and used 14,000 and bought it for half price. It arrived today.

I made sausage and eggs on muffins for lunch and the sausage patties were cooked to perfection!

Tonight it will be burgers and tomorrow I will start in on Paninis! When asked by Dad and DH which cupboard it was going in I said "cupboard? you think it's going to have time to sit in a cupboard?"

Does anyone else have one and if so do you have any tips or comments?

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #2
Master Chef

I don't have one, but I want one sooo bad. Now hearing what fun your having with it I want one even more.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef

We have the Cuisinart Griddler and I really like using it. We use ti for Cuban sandwiches, quesadillas, pancakes. I have grilled some pounded chicken breasts but prefer other methods. for chicken.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #4
Master Chef

I have one and use it often and it sits on the counter. I can't think of any tips.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #5
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I have been wanting a Cuisinart Griddler ever since they first came out. I love paninis, and grilled meat 365 days a year. Our George Foreman Grill was big, hard to clean and we didn't really liked the way it cooked ALL the fat and flavour out of food.

Well, our grocery store has a points system where you can save up for items. My best friend has two growing sons and a husband who are all big eaters and she racks up the points like crazy. It is amazing all the stuff she has. But I don't buy as much for us here at home and when I cater I buy from Costco and wholesalers so my point build slower. By the time we were close to getting the points for the grill they raised the amount needed by about 20,000! I relented and used 14,000 and bought it for half price. It arrived today.

I made sausage and eggs on muffins for lunch and the sausage patties were cooked to perfection!

Tonight it will be burgers and tomorrow I will start in on Paninis! When asked by Dad and DH which cupboard it was going in I said "cupboard? you think it's going to have time to sit in a cupboard?"

Does anyone else have one and if so do you have any tips or comments?
Congratulationd on your new griddler LP!

However you know the drill, "No pictures makes for a bad post"

:)

Old 07-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #6
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chile Chef View Post
Congratulationd on your new griddler LP!

However you know the drill, "No pictures makes for a bad post"

:)

All you had to do was ask!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0785.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	7326
All ready to go!

Name:	HPIM0786.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	7327
We fried some onions after the first batch of burgers.

Name:	HPIM0787.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	7328

Name:	HPIM0788.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	7329
DH giving it a little help (and a view of my fryer)

Name:	HPIM0789.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	7330
The finished product

Name:	HPIM0790.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	7331

I will show how it cleans up all nice and purdy when the grill plates come out of the dishwasher

BTW, they tasted incredible!

Old 07-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

How did those grill plates taste?
I bet those burgers were the best. I love my paninni maker and we use it often...In fact we had burger paninnis and they were great.You will have so much fun dreaming up combination of meats,cheeses and best of all breads a whole new world for me when I got mine.
kades
Old 07-01-2009, 11:25 PM   #8
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
How did those grill plates taste?
I bet those burgers were the best. I love my paninni maker and we use it often...In fact we had burger paninnis and they were great.You will have so much fun dreaming up combination of meats,cheeses and best of all breads a whole new world for me when I got mine.
kades
Kades, they WERE the best....the burgers not the grill plates LOL!

The best thing about this one is it is a panini maker, griddle (for pancakes, etc. and opens out flat), contact grill (like we used it on the burgers) or flat grill all in one! I don't think I will be using my fry pans very much for anything!

DH said though that now I have to start making bread again so I can make different kinds for the sandwiches. Good thing I have a large KE with a good dough hook!

Old 07-02-2009, 01:35 AM   #9
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Kades, they WERE the best....the burgers not the grill plates LOL!

The best thing about this one is it is a panini maker, griddle (for pancakes, etc. and opens out flat), contact grill (like we used it on the burgers) or flat grill all in one! I don't think I will be using my fry pans very much for anything!

DH said though that now I have to start making bread again so I can make different kinds for the sandwiches. Good thing I have a large KE with a good dough hook!

I'm with kades here- Your plates look lickable ;-)

I also have a gridler 4, it just goes unused this time of year since it's charcoal grilling weather. But I do love mine also. I actually have never had the reason to do the pamini's in it yet, But I certainly have used it to make just about every thing else. I also like the clean up since those plates just pop out with the two buttons, and a little bit of sponge love is enough to clean them right up.

Bob
Old 07-02-2009, 06:11 AM   #10
Master Chef

Quick question! Does it get hot enough? I have a much cheaper indoor grill, I couldn't afford the cuisinart and it just doesn't get hot enough. The temp. dial says it goes to 450 degrees, but I know it ain't that getting that hot. I can't even put grill marks on my hotdogs. Got a bonus coming in august from work and might want to get one.